¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Netflix / Amazon Prime original series

9 hours ago, VinylMario said:

Eh. Could be fine, could be garbage. If it's great that's awesome, if it's bad just pretend it doesn't exist.

42 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

This could end really badly. There's no stopping it now, but they better get this right...

Still the worst way it can end is a waste of someone else's money and people never having to watch it again. I never understand why people get so worked up about things like this.

8 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

Still the worst way it can end is a waste of someone else's money and people never having to watch it again. I never understand why people get so worked up about things like this.

Its the “i love the original so much you should not mess with it”  mentality. Which i do get. 

I am with you though, alot of time and money is put into it and if it sucks i just wont take my time. So much content out there to waste on stuff that flat out isint good orjust not your thing. 

57 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Its the “i love the original so much you should not mess with it”  mentality. Which i do get. 

I am with you though, alot of time and money is put into it and if it sucks i just wont take my time. So much content out there to waste on stuff that flat out isint good orjust not your thing. 

We seem to be on the same page.

Cowboy Bebop is a top three anime of all time for me, so of course I want to see it done justice. It doesn't tarnish it's reputation if someone else does a poor adaptation of it though. People get so butthurt over to lately!

I really, really hope it’s good.  Just like I’m sure everyone else does.  But these kinds of things RARELY live up to anyone’s expectations.

Also, this brings to mind Netflix’s take on “Death Note.”  Have yet to see it and don’t really plan to.  From what I hear, they royally fucked that up.  Just hope all who were involved learned their lesson from that when it comes to these “anime adaptations.”

40 minutes ago, FiggyPud said:

I really, really hope it’s good.  Just like I’m sure everyone else does.  But these kinds of things RARELY live up to anyone’s expectations.

Also, this brings to mind Netflix’s take on “Death Note.”  Have yet to see it and don’t really plan to.  From what I hear, they royally fucked that up.  Just hope all who were involved learned their lesson from that when it comes to these “anime adaptations.”

Oh yeah, I never watched Death Note (live action) and never plan to. Really the only way I would enjoy this Cowboy Bebop live action series is if it's pretty much a shot for shot remake of the anime which...probably won't happen. Who knows, it could end up being amazing though! I hope it does. We'll see though. I'm trying to stay cautiously optimistic since Watanabe is involved in some way

4 hours ago, dantheriver said:

I can’t wait!!!!

Right? It's exciting even though it could possibly go wrong.

Also they got the rights for a new season of Ghost in the Shell: SAC. Netflix is really going all in on anime stuff.

11 hours ago, dawhizz said:

Umbrella Academy on Netflix (from Gerard Way’s comic) is the best series I’ve seen in awhile and has really great music throughout. If you’re looking for something, I highly recommend it. 

100%.

I love the comic series, and they did a great job of adapting it into something more grounded, but still ridiculous and fun at the same time. The cast is great.

Was Nightfylers any good? The recent cancellation doesn't portend high expectations. I forgot this dropped in a big chunk around Xmas. Tried to watch it recently, but  they want you to pay for the 1st half, while the 2nd half is still available on-demand. Not the best way to build a base. And they cancelled The Expanse  for this? Good thing Amazon picked that up. If you haven't watched it, I recommend it (it will grow on you). Or better yet read the 1st couple of books.