PO - Star Wars: The Ultimate Vinyl Collection (11LPs) - 1/8/16

gmoney

The most acclaimed and enduring film music in Hollywood history, the original soundtracks of Star Wars Episodes I - VI, are now issued by Sony Classical in a new box set, Star Wars: The Ultimate Vinyl Collection. All composed by John Williams, the legendary five-time Oscar®-winning composer, this unique collector set is being released just as the latest chapter in the saga, Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens in theaters. This is the first time all six Star Wars original soundtracks have been available on vinyl in one complete box set. 

Star Wars: The Ultimate Vinyl Collection includes each of the six film soundtracks from Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace to Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi in deluxe gatefold sleeves faithfully replicating the original artwork. Audio was transferred from the original LP masters using the highest resolution (up to 192kHz/24bit) and pressed with heavy 180gram vinyl. The six soundtrack set (on 11 LPs) is presented in a black, soft-touch laminated slipcase with an embossed, hot silver foil Star Wars logo and includes a digital download card for one complete box set (all six soundtracks).

I think this is a really awesome set. However. It's priced about double what I want it to be. Would love to own it though.

Awesome. I was just thinking yesterday that something like this is bound to happen with the new film coming out.

It would have been nice to present the complete soundtracks of the OT (like the ones that came out for the SE) rather than reproductions of the original soundtracks which were incomplete.

Audio was transferred from the original LP masters using the highest resolution (up to 192kHz/24bit)

Somewhere on the internet, the most insufferable people in the world* are going absolutely apeshit over this sentence, and that makes me happy.

*audiophile Star Wars nerds

Oh, and here's the link from amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015NOT9AY/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B015NOT9AY

comes to $170 shipped to US, so quite a bit better deal there.

I don't trust a $170 box to ship from the UK. Haha!

And hoping the preorder from Amazon US drops some.