PO: Flaming Lips - Heady Nuggs 20 Years After Clouds Taste Metallic 1994-1997/5 LP Vinyl Set

gmoney

I can't find much information on this currently, but here's from The Future Heart Facebook group:

It was 20 years ago today The Flaming Lips released "Clouds Taste Metallic"...4 disc set "Heady Nuggs: 20 Years After Clouds..." will document the era.

The second and final album by The Flaming Lips classic mid-90s line-up (which included Ronald Jones), "Clouds Taste Metallic" - aka Win Butler's favorite album - was released on this date in 1995! Earlier this year the band performed the album in its entirety at Minneapolis' First Avenue to commemorate the anniversary....

...and there's still some more celebratin' to do in the form of a documentary film about the album in the works and an upcoming "Heady Nuggs" box set including rare studio recordings and the first ever official release of one of the shows from this era.

Out November 27.

So apparently a five-disc vinyl set to document this:

On Amazon now for $74.98.

This is weird to me considering they did Heady Nuggs: 1992-2002 already...

Not weird. The Lips will release anything in mass quantities. Band has no shame

Plus didnt they just release on RSD the 3 10 inches that went with this album

How much listenable shit could they have from these 3 years?

Not weird. The Lips will release anything in mass quantities. Band has no shame

Plus didnt they just release on RSD the 3 10 inches that went with this album

How much listenable shit could they have from these 3 years?

They don't. The live show is one that's been circulating online forever and there only maybe one or two outtakes from the album sessions, which are covers that came out at the time. 

Just another cash grab from Wayne Coyne, who suddenly 'cares' about his back catalog after ignoring it for the better part of 15 years. 

They jumped the shark like 5 years ago, and I feel like it's just this cash cow, trying to reel in every last cent they can off every half burnt idea wayne coyne has. They could release a minidisc of them covering Meatloaf "Bat Out Of Hell" trapped inside a passionfruit flavored gummy armadillo and I wouldn't bat an eye. The only thing they could do at this point to shock me is release an album without a zany gimmick or guest star