PO Soon: As Cities Burn - Come Now Sleep

mitch5643

i dont understand why they press such a small amount of acb stuff, even though it sells out quick.

i missed it, gotta have faith in hot topic now, not such a big deal cause id rather them press hell or high water or repress silyayd

and why the double lp?? more $$???

This album is an hour long, I would be mad as hell if the one pressing it got was a single LP with lots of inner-groove distortion. I'll happily pay another $10 to have this be on a double as opposed to a single, on sound quality and aesthetic.

Also, turns out there is another pressing in the works. Not definite yet, but another 2000 are a possibility. Have hope you guys! My listening experience would not be as good knowing that the good people of VC did not get a fair crack at their own copy.

I honestly might not even want mine. I made it to the second song where they were saying "glory glorious" and hit the stop half way through. I know they are a Christian band but some of them are more subtle at it. This feels more fit to be played in church youth groups than my house.

I honestly might not even want mine. I made it to the second song where they were saying "glory glorious" and hit the stop half way through. I know they are a Christian band but some of them are more subtle at it. This feels more fit to be played in church youth groups than my house.

Why did you buy it?

If you don't want it, I'll take it off your hands!

i bet you don't like New Found Glory Glorious either

(for real, though: somebody get this person a lyrics sheet, lest they think they bought a praise + worship LP. hahahaha)

i bet you don't like New Found Glory Glorious either

(for real, though: somebody get this person a lyrics sheet, lest they think they bought a praise + worship LP. hahahaha)

You're not serious...the lyrics to that song are about as Christian as they get. Not saying there's anything wrong with it...just maybe he didn't remember them that way.

I think you're missing the point if you think this is a youth group kinda album... haha. Not trying to be condescending, but that's really really not what I think that's supposed to be about. The glory glorious thing has always been about subverting that idea to me, like being a straight arrow really doesn't mean anything.

I'm still trying to comprehend why you would spent nearly $50 on a 2xLP that you "might not even want".  Huh?

I loved their first album and remember when this album came out on CD, I never listened to it because i remember not being a fan of it because of the style change. However, I never actually gave it a listen. I figured since it has now been about 7 years I might listen to it with a more mature perspective, I also figured it would sell out so I wanted to act quick. Then I listened and I almost threw up from the Jesus preaching. 

I loved their first album and remember when this album came out on CD, I never listened to it because i remember not being a fan of it because of the style change. However, I never actually gave it a listen. I figured since it has now been about 7 years I might listen to it with a more mature perspective, I also figured it would sell out so I wanted to act quick. Then I listened and I almost threw up from the Jesus preaching.

Jesus preaching? Are we talking about the same album? The album starts by saying God doesn't give a fuck about you and ends by saying life and loss are so hard that he wishes he never existed. And in between are lyrics about giving up on faith because the demands are too high, getting rejected at the gates of heaven, and how people can't love or understand God. I dont mean to sound like a prick but I hate to see such an emotive album misrepresented like this.

Jesus preaching? Are we talking about the same album? The album starts by saying God doesn't give a fuck about you and ends by saying life and loss are so hard that he wishes he never existed. And in between are lyrics about giving up on faith because the demands are too high, getting rejected at the gates of heaven, and how people can't love or understand God. I dont mean to sound like a prick but I hate to see such an emotive album misrepresented like this.

Nah, if you read the lyrics it goes into the whole "I'm unworthy of God's love, but he gives it anyway" thing, and it's very God positive. Go back through and read the lyrics. It's not what you're saying.

I read the album to interpret more like our worth is nothing compared to the love of God. That our only value is when we are dedicating ourselves to the lord. Hence the "our love is dwarfed when next to God" or something like that. I'm at dinner so it's difficult to remember of the top of my head. I just don't like lyrics that try to state that our only purpose is to try to be worthy of god/Jesus's love and no matter what we do we are never truly worthy of it. SCAM!!!!

I read the album to interpret more like our worth is nothing compared to the love of God. That our only value is when we are dedicating ourselves to the lord. Hence the "our love is dwarfed when next to God" or something like that. I'm at dinner so it's difficult to remember of the top of my head. I just don't like lyrics that try to state that our only purpose is to try to be worthy of god/Jesus's love and no matter what we do we are never truly worthy of it. SCAM!!!!

Agreed.

I even consider myself to be a Christian. Grew up that way, believe in God, all that (because why not? If it's not true we all end up in the ground anyway, and if it is true, I'm in the good book).

I just don't want to be beaten over the head with the fact that we were made only to worship him. Makes him come off like a real dick.

But... I also believe that if you believe in any God that counts toward the good book too, so I've got a lot of my own philosophies built in there. ::shrug::

Everyone can believe whatever they want though.

But this album is definitely super Christ-y.