PO Soon: As Cities Burn - Come Now Sleep

mitch5643

those are long sold out. I tried ordering one from them sometime last year and they just canceled the order after a while

Mine came in the mail yesterday but didn't get a chance to listen. Can't wait to spin tonight.

Also, does anyone have high quality mp3s of this album or Hell or High Water? I tried ordering used cds of this so I could rip it and two different retailers both sent me the same incorrect cd so I've given up hope on the cd route and refuse to spend $12 on a cd I will never use and already own the vinyl for. I hate that T&N doesn't do digital downloads with these.

Mine came in the mail yesterday but didn't get a chance to listen. Can't wait to spin tonight.

Also, does anyone have high quality mp3s of this album or Hell or High Water? I tried ordering used cds of this so I could rip it and two different retailers both sent me the same incorrect cd so I've given up hope on the cd route and refuse to spend $12 on a cd I will never use and already own the vinyl for. I hate that T&N doesn't do digital downloads with these.

Message me and I can help you out with both.

I am totally in for this. Any word on updates, would be willing to PP you a couple bones for your generosity of bringing this to the boards.

Alright, so I had some thoughts on a simple insert that I could provide the files for, and you could print out anywhere you like for less than $2.

I was thinking something that is a standard 11x17" GLOSS PAPER that you would fold in half.  File would be printed in black and white to stay on theme, and keep costs down.

One side has all of the lyrics, and the very important dedication to Timothy Jordan II that is SOMEHOW LEFT OUT of this.  (unreal)

The other side is a take on the tunnel pic inside the original liner notes, and used for the album art from "The EP" - this is not the same tunnel, but just an idea inspired from that.  It then features the line from the end of Timothy - "Take me back to where I was before I was born."

Since anywhere you take this to for printing would not be able to do full bleed, I kept everything with a white background, and textures that do not bleed over the edge.  Nothing would have to be fit to page, nothing would have awkward print lines around the edges, and as I said before, cheap, easy, and sharp.

General look at both sides:

This would be the lyric side:

Here's closer detail:

Here's the tunnel side:

and closer detail:

NOTHING is used from the original layout, nothing is stolen from the original artist.  Since I would just be providing the print files needed to print this, there would be no money exchanging hands, so I can't imagine this being anything that would get anyone in trouble, just something to enhance a product alot of us care about so much.

Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions / recommendations / better ideas!

I was lucky enough to get a copy of this record. CNS is my all time favorite record and I think people shouldn't pre-judge the message. I take the message as a man who is struggling to believe what is right and wrong and doubting his spirituality. This theme carries through from the start to the end. This album also parallels a conventional relationship greatly and I relate a lot to that. 

The opening lyrics are "Hearts aren't really our guides, we are truly alone, cause God aint up in the sky, holding together our bones"... This message still gives me chills. The rest of the album is a struggle going back and forth if god exists or not and if we should live our lives to an expectation that isn't even true. From the song the "The Horde"..." You just hoard your hollow completion, like its something wearing thin, like its going to get you in, when heaven comes." That right there is criticizing most conventional people of religion saying that you don't have to be "Holier than thou" to be a man of faith. Another favorite lyric from the song "Empire"..."I was a pharisee, I never saw my need for grace, your love came to me, sat next to mine and I saw that I was poor." This lyric is on the flip side of his struggle, the narrator is claiming his faith as the truth. From the song "Tides"..."Automated exchanges, make us not lovers but feigners, we are only strangers" This lyric encompasses that you shouldn't follow a God or something else if you truly don't feel it and it becomes more of a habit/chore.

Anyways... I could seriously depict every single lyric from this album and talk about it, but I wanted to speak what this album means to me. 

I hope others give it the time and listen to it with no expectations and take it for what it is. Truly beautiful.

I was lucky enough to get a copy of this record. CNS is my all time favorite record and I think people shouldn't pre-judge the message. I take the message as a man who is struggling to believe what is right and wrong and doubting his spirituality. This theme carries through from the start to the end. This album also parallels a conventional relationship greatly and I relate a lot to that. 

The opening lyrics are "Hearts aren't really our guides, we are truly alone, cause God aint up in the sky, holding together our bones"... This message still gives me chills. The rest of the album is a struggle going back and forth if god exists or not and if we should live our lives to an expectation that isn't even true. From the song the "The Horde"..." You just hoard your hollow completion, like its something wearing thin, like its going to get you in, when heaven comes." That right there is criticizing most conventional people of religion saying that you don't have to be "Holier than thou" to be a man of faith. Another favorite lyric from the song "Empire"..."I was a pharisee, I never saw my need for grace, your love came to me, sat next to mine and I saw that I was poor." This lyric is on the flip side of his struggle, the narrator is claiming his faith as the truth. From the song "Tides"..."Automated exchanges, make us not lovers but feigners, we are only strangers" This lyric encompasses that you shouldn't follow a God or something else if you truly don't feel it and it becomes more of a habit/chore.

Anyways... I could seriously depict every single lyric from this album and talk about it, but I wanted to speak what this album means to me. 

I hope others give it the time and listen to it with no expectations and take it for what it is. Truly beautiful.

I don't have time to jot down everything that I find beautiful about this album, but you really hit some amazing points on here. Contact, Timothy, Our World is Grey, Wrong Body, and Clouds are the tracks that resonate with me the most, but all of them hit me incredibly hard. The lyrics on here are just... so wonderful. I don't know if any other album has captured desperation like this one does.

I tried to spin this record this morning and couldn't even get it on my turntable because the center holes were cut so terribly. Just another thing to add to the disappointment in finally getting such a great album pressed. 

Same issue here, I eventually got it on. But it took forever to get it off and I legit thought I would snap the record a couple times trying to pull it off.

If anyone is disappointed to the point you want to sell it, please PM me. Would love to get a copy of this

I'm disappointed but can't imagine I'll ever be disappointed enough to let go of it. I hope you get a copy of it. Hopefully a repress that actually gets some very simple, common-sense things right.

xacto knife, son.

This, or hell, even a pair of scissors. Just don't go too much or you'll fuck it up worse. One turn should be good if you got it on.

I wouldn't recommend either of these things, as it could very easily make the record unplayable. But it's your funeral if you want to take the risk. Good luck.

I wouldn't recommend either of these things, as it could very easily make the record unplayable. But it's your funeral if you want to take the risk. Good luck.

I've used scissors on several different records over the years and have never had an issue.  Just don't be a dumbass and you'll be fine.

I've used scissors on several different records over the years and have never had an issue. Just don't be a dumbass and you'll be fine.

Yup, same here with xacto. You just don't go in there indiscriminately cutting out chunks. A nice slow twist usually does the trick.