PO Soon: As Cities Burn - Come Now Sleep

mitch5643

I feel like this isn't an album that will be casually picked up by people.

You do know the "standard clear" version sold out within the hour of it going live? And there have been a dozen posts of people wanting a copy since they missed that or they are variant collectors and want both. And... flippers... *shudders*.

Once word gets out that these are up on HT it's going to be a feeding frenzy again.

You do know the "standard clear" version sold out within the hour of it going live? And there have been a dozen posts of people wanting a copy since they missed that or they are variant collectors and want both. And... flippers... *shudders*.

Once word gets out that these are up on HT it's going to be a feeding frenzy again.

I think he was referring to them being in stores.

I coulda made it clearer, don't worry! I meant more that your average hot topic customer is probably not familiar with how valuable this record is to a lot of people. I meant it'd be more like Finch's Say Hello to Sunshine; a truly incredible record that will sit in Hot Topic's (ultra shitty) vinyl storage things, getting passed up because of its relatively lofty pricetag.

**RECAP ON INSERT - OPTION FOR 11X17 FOLDED OR 11X11 SQUARE**

Alright, so I had some thoughts on a simple insert that I could provide the files for, and you could print out anywhere you like for less than $2.

I was thinking something that is a standard 11x17" GLOSS PAPER that you would fold in half.  File would be printed in black and white to stay on theme, and keep costs down.

One side has all of the lyrics, and the very important dedication to Timothy Jordan II that is SOMEHOW LEFT OUT of this.  (unreal)

The other side is a take on the tunnel pic inside the original liner notes, and used for the album art from "The EP" - this is not the same tunnel, but just an idea inspired from that.  It then features the line from the end of Timothy - "Take me back to where I was before I was born."

Since anywhere you take this to for printing would not be able to do full bleed, I kept everything with a white background, and textures that do not bleed over the edge.  Nothing would have to be fit to page, nothing would have awkward print lines around the edges, and as I said before, cheap, easy, and sharp.

General look at both sides:

y8zwIYE.jpg

This would be the lyric side:

wU8ufxA.jpg

Here's closer detail:

yHdCHvn.jpg

Here's the tunnel side:

iTkNLKY.jpg

and closer detail:

K0LpQFZ.jpg

NOTHING is used from the original layout, nothing is stolen from the original artist.  Since I would just be providing the print files needed to print this, there would be no money exchanging hands, so I can't imagine this being anything that would get anyone in trouble, just something to enhance a product alot of us care about so much.

Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions / recommendations / better ideas!

People were asking for a square option - this is the same idea as the top one, except at the shop you would just ask for a double sided black and white on gloss, and then have them cut it to an 11x11 square - this would be placed in a template with cut lines so it came out looking sharp if you went with this option!

General look at both sides:

Z2hCQb4.jpg

This would be the lyric side:

8Ya1gl0.jpg

Here's closer detail:

Z3o68qX.jpg

Here is the tunnel side:

VVpsorN.jpg

And closer detail:

zEtYAUp.jpg

The square one has all of the credits from the album included as well, both have the album dedication, and both should look sharp and simple.

Let me know if there are any revisions you'd like to see, or if this is something anyone is interested in.  If you'd like print files to take to your local printer, just message me and let me know which version you want, and I'll get these uploaded for folks to download!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...