PO Soon: As Cities Burn - Come Now Sleep

mitch5643

• 2 weeks later...

Nice

ACB has ended, this time for good. All shows are cancelled and everyone moving on to different things. Sorry to anyone that bought tickets for upcoming dates. We realize it's abrupt and confusing but that's all there is to say right now. Thanks for the support throughout the years. It's been fun.

31 minutes ago, FlippingOut said:

Aaron Lunsford is one of the biggest douches around. He goes off on people on FB then deletes everything off Twitter like he's trying to move on from a crazy ex girlfriend. If I had to work with him I'd flip out too and want to end ACB 

yeah, the guy legitimately seems like hes got some issues that are going unchecked. 

19 minutes ago, antisyntax said:

plot twist: the band went financially negative trying to sell their reissues for $40 because nobody would buy them

plot twist: the band doesn't have any control over recordings made under contract and sees little-to-no royalties from them.

10 hours ago, FlippingOut said:

Aaron Lunsford is one of the biggest douches around. He goes off on people on FB then deletes everything off Twitter like he's trying to move on from a crazy ex girlfriend. If I had to work with him I'd flip out too and want to end ACB 

10 hours ago, mattisr1984 said:

yeah, the guy legitimately seems like hes got some issues that are going unchecked. 

the note he left on facebook may convince you otherwise. Absolutely nothing unreasonable about this breakup

50 minutes ago, BeeRyanD said:

the note he left on facebook may convince you otherwise. Absolutely nothing unreasonable about this breakup

I see that note as a "Damn, I fucked up and became very irrational. I better fix this." He was straight shittalking fans yesterday. Now he's asking for grace? Fuck that dude. 

1 hour ago, antisyntax said:

I said the band, not each member individually... a band (as a whole) must be profiting in some way to even be signed to a label

Aaron commented on this, he figured the band as a whole MIGHT be seeing $1.00 at most from each sale.

I wouldn't be surprised if they see nothing, considering the band didn't know about any of the pressing or repressing of the first two albums until it was announced/being sold by T&N.  Literally no control or input into the process.

Hell or High Water will be a different story.

7 hours ago, antisyntax said:

I said the band, not each member individually... a band (as a whole) must be profiting in some way to even be signed to a label

i said the band, too.

and they're not signed to T&N and haven't been for at least 6 years. they get (fully deserved) royalties as songwriters/performers on the album, but the master copy of the record isn't owned by T&N, let alone the band/its members. so T&N pays to license the masters (raising the overall cost of final product) for a pressing and ACB sees royalties based on the terms of the contract. meager, according to Aaron, and not at all surprising. profit is a bit of stretch, since bands rarely benefit from posthumous (re-)pressings of records.

Edited by copelandkid

8 hours ago, BeeRyanD said:

I don't think theres anything unreasonable about any band breakup. I think its probably for the better since the new songs werent good anyway. Between his on-stage meltdown and Facebook responses to fans, something just seems off with the guy though.

Well, ive read his book and its actually very good.

I listened to a pod cast with cody bonnette and by the way he talked about writing and making music.. It seems like he puts a lot of pressure on him self and has his difficulties also. Aaron has admited to his panic type emotions... Its fair to say its probably hard difficult for both of them. I personaly think aaron really wants to continue with as cities burn.

Its hard to spend 5+ years of your life doing something,, and then just stop. Especially if it defines who you are.

I just want to have one last as cities burn experience live. The only time i saw them was when i loved their first album and then they only played cns. At the time i didnt know any songs to it. 

2 hours ago, SwiftCat said:

I just want to have one last as cities burn experience live. The only time i saw them was when i loved their first album and then they only played cns. At the time i didnt know any songs to it. 

Pretty much the same thing happened to me, saw them on my 19th birthday just weeks after CNS came out. They played Bloodsucker and the rest was a CNS set. 

• 2 weeks later...