Mark Lanegan - The Sub Pop Boxset

Looks like Subpop is finally releasing the Mark Lanegan Boxset.  6 Lps total and the first time the Field Songs has been available on vinyl.

No word or official announcement from Subpop yet, so maybe this will be released individually.

Bullmoose has it for $84.97 here: 

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/21207872/mark-lanegan-one-way-street-6lp-set-180-gram-vinyl-with-download

One Way Street set compiles the first five solo albums recorded by Mark Lanegan, the Pacific-Northwest icon also known for his work with Screaming Trees, Gutter Twins, Mad Season, Queens of the Stone Age, Isobel Campbell, and more. The Winding Sheet, Mark Lanegan's first solo work, is notable in its departure from the characteristic sound of Screaming Trees, the band he fronted from 1985 until 2000. Its follow-up, Whiskey for The Holy Ghost, released during the grunge explosion of the early 1990s, showcases Lanegan's growing maturity as a songwriter and vocalist. Scraps at Midnight could be considered the final installment of a trilogy of albums featuring Lanegan’s interpretation of American roots music accompanied by his troubling lyrics of loss, sin, and redemption. I'll Take Care of You, Lanegan’s fourth solo effort, consists entirely of cover songs with interpretation of songs from a wide variety of songwriters, including Tim Rose, Tim Hardin, Booker T. Jones, and Buck Owens. On Lanegan’s fifth and final solo album for Sub Pop, Field Songs, Lanegan seems to have taken the best elements from his previous work to create one of the most fulfilled, and fulfilling, albums of his career; Field Songs also includes “Kimiko’s Dream House,” which Mark co-wrote with Jeffrey Lee Pierce of The Gun Club. Three of these five albums have been out of print on vinyl for many years; I’ll Take Care of You was only released on vinyl in Europe, and Field Songs was only issued on CD. Each album in the One Way Street box set was pressed on 180-gram vinyl, and is housed in a sleeve reproducing the art for its original release

Add ToWishlist

Just realized that Bullmoose is saying that this is a 6 LP boxset, but by my count there are 5 records in this set:

1) The Winding Sheet

2) Whiskey For The Holy Ghost

3) Scraps at Midnight

4) I'll Take Care of You

5) Field Songs

Wonder which one is going to be a double LP or whether there is something more, like a rarities or live record....which would be cool, but doubtful. Or Bullmoose is just wrong with the LP count.

Only for US addresses... No more options for Europe?

I know you've only got 4 posts so there's no reason you'd know, but Bullmoose don't ship outside the USA. It is one of the most frequently asked questions on this forum. There are other places you can order from and it's likely that it'll get distribution in Europe too.

I know you've only got 4 posts so there's no reason you'd know, but Bullmoose don't ship outside the USA. It is one of the most frequently asked questions on this forum. There are other places you can order from and it's likely that it'll get distribution in Europe too.

I know Bullmoose only sent to the USA, often read many topics but not write. I was referring to if anyone knows about another online store that send to Europe. Thanks.

Glad the rumors were true. This is also very reasonably priced considering what some of the original LP's sell for. I just received the Houston Publishing Demos in the mail yesterday, which is pretty much another quality Lanegan album and hardly sounds like demos.

I thought the same thing. It didn't really feel like leftovers or anything.

Field Songs is also my favorite. Pumped to finally own.

I asked the people at Sub Pop about whether or not there would be a "loser edition" on this, here is the response I got:

"The set itself is limited edition and will include black vinyl on 180 gram weight. There will not be colored vinyl available for this release as we wanted to preserve the highest audio quality we could, but the boxset version of these reissues will be the limited edition piece worth collecting. Thanks!"