PO: DAUGHTER "Not To Disappear" LP

dreamover

Amazon arrived last night. Wow, the outro on Fossa is amazing. Drum beat, layers, yummy. Would have made a great last song. I've been busy sorting my 90's CDs while listening, so I can't comment on much else in detail. The music is gorgeous, quiet vinyl (slight wobble), good quality gatefold (seam split on top), incl download card.

after a few tries I remain a little disappointed by this album. It seems a bit shallow and uninspired (still this has a few great licks, such as the closing section of "New Ways"). Guess I'm rather gonna stick with the recent Julien Baker LP for this kind of tunes.

Just blind bought this, I hope its a good one! 

Just blind bought this, I hope its a good one! 

it seems to have been below many people's radar, but in its respective thread it's pretty much consensus that this is an incredible album. Not as electronic or "hip" as Daughter, bute more intimate, "authentic". That closing track alone goes hard on all the levels of feels.

• 3 weeks later...

spinning my Glassnote copy that I received yesterday right now, and it's a very decent sounding record - very clean, no surface noise, pops or clicks so far. Discogs comments for the 4AD version say that there are some copies with both songs on the same sides - whatever that means for the whole pressing, if ever.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...