Sunn O))) - Kannon

Jumped on that Clear.

I actually plan on "listening" to the record, so that was the best choice for me. :lol:

I actually wish I could trade in my noisy white vinyl pressings for clear versions.

Why someone would buy the GITD with a "disclaimer" that states it is "gonna be noisy" is really beyond me. :P

Part of the reason I bought a GITD and a black copy.  GITD is neat and I'm curious to hear how it sounds, but I'm fairly certain that the black will be my main listening copy.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounded to me like a comeback to their roots, but with Attilla sharing the spotlight. Last track starts as if it was a White 2 track. I'm happy with it, they got almost unrecognizable with M&D and the recent collaborations and Kannon kinda sets things straight. I think it was the right time to put music out this way.

So, 30 minutes of less than inspired music, half of which is recycled material. Should have been a digital release at most, but whatever.

At least now I can stop expecting them to top Monoliths, and keep hoping for White 1 & 2 reissues.

Agree with all of this. Sadly, other than Monoliths which was 6+ years ago, I can't remember the last O))) release that really floored me,

Love the packaging on this. After spending about 30 minutes reading the note inside, the music makes more sense. It's really growing on me. Gatefold 1xLP is awesome and thick, glossy, the poster is nice and the flexi is great and even comes with art. I even got a Kannon pin with my order. Love this label, and pick up the record.

Also, when are White 1 and 2 getting repressed?

Just in case anybody else in Europe is still waiting for his clear M&D to ship, I asked about it and here's the response:

Got some bad news for you. The version I received of Monoliths & Dimensions is white instead of the advertised clear. Here are some options.

1- Ship the white version instead of the clear version. The white version is limited to 1000 copies, like the clear version.
2- Wait a little longer for the clear version to come in. This will be shipped to me ASAP and should be in your hands the end of the year to you.
3- Issue you a refund.

I am honestly really sorry about this. I know you’ve been waiting for a long while but we’ve had some manufacturing issues and on to of that they sent us the wrong version so that twice as hard.

Again, my sincere apologies and I really appreciate you being so patient.

Guy.