Pantera - The Complete Studio Albums 1990-2000 Box Set

I'm shocked how cheap the OPs are considering how big the band is/the time they were released. Was looking at the cut track on Discogs and it's really a thing on the OP. That'd drive me up the wall.

Hm, not sure you understand how supply/demand works. Back then, demand for the band was high so they pressed a lot of copies (for its time), so now they are getting cheaper, plus the already existing Rhino re-issues sound and look very good anyway (maybe even better than the originals). 

Hm, not sure you understand how supply/demand works. Back then, demand for the band was high so they pressed a lot of copies (for its time), so now they are getting cheaper, plus the already existing Rhino re-issues sound and look very good anyway (maybe even better than the originals).

I suppose, but plenty of stuff is easy to get a RP of but stupid expensive to get an OP of. Maybe pop punk people just are stupid, which is a distinct possibility

To answer two people. SN1 was cut for time saving supposedly on the first press

Quality wasn't as big of an issue for the 2xLP IIRC but that Floods mad the epic ending solo cut out completely.

Ok has anyone emailed Dr Rhino?

I've got an email in to Dr Rhino yesterday. I'll let ya know what he says. Cutting any part of that Floods solo is criminal. 

you'd be the best person to ask and correct me if I'm wrong here, but the original single lp pressings of TGST do not have suicide note part 1. missing that song is way more of a blow than sound quality any day.

the big question should be: will this version of trendkill in the box set have all the album's tracks?

I didn't ask and correct you anything (whatever that means), I merely stated the sound quality is very good on the single lp albums.

I didn't ask and correct you anything (whatever that means), I merely stated the sound quality is very good on the single lp albums.

nah dude, he worded it weird, but he was asking you to be sure that song wasn't on the single LP version and wanted you to correct him if he was wrong.

Dr Rhino has spoken, "I have been advised that this box set contains single LPs, standard weight." - Dr. Rhino

More info from Dr Rhino...Suicide Note Pt 1 is not on this version. They also said Floods run time should be 6:59.

It sounds like it will be identical to the original 1xLP release. 

• 2 weeks later...

that's what im thinking but Id hate to miss out if it doesn't even go down in price on Amazon...is there pressing info out? its got to be at least a pressing of 2000?

I'm thinking more like 5K to 10K.  I'm still blown away that they did 8,000 of those Replacements box sets.  I mean, the Replacements are awesome and I bought one at $42, but 8,000 is pretty ridiculous.  So, because of that, I think a lot will be made and you can probably snag it at the old Bullmoose price a few months after it hits shelves.

Dr Rhino has spoken, "I have been advised that this box set contains single LPs, standard weight." - Dr. Rhino

More info from Dr Rhino...Suicide Note Pt 1 is not on this version. They also said Floods run time should be 6:59.

It sounds like it will be identical to the original 1xLP release. 

Fav metal album ever and you have a choice between a missing track or a butchered track. Weak sauce.