MuteMath - "Vitals", Album out 11/13, LP out 1/8/2016

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Paul did an Q&A on twitter today and among the questions was: 

Q: are you guys planning to re-release vinyl for your older albums? if not... if you some lying around...

A: We have a plan for that. So just stay tuned.

Full Q&A here: https://www.reddit.com/r/mutemath/comments/3v70b2/pauls_twitter_qa_responses/

I talked to the guys after soundcheck in Orlando and they said the only component of the self titled album they don't still have is the original artwork. All the masters and everything are safe. They laughed at the rumor that the masters were lost in Katrina haha.

On another note, does anyone here have the bonus tracks from the Japanese version of the CD and would be willing to share? I believe they're titled:

13 Somewhere Right   14 Fine After All

• 3 months later...

So, a buddy of mine (well sort of) is selling a couple of copies of Mutemath's self titled debut. 

If you know this band, you know how sought after this record is. I have one of the copies he gave me (or my wife, really, I could personally care less), and it sounds outstanding. I have the "worst" copy and it's all around NM++++. The only reason the sleeve isn't mint is because it was opened to be signed 10 years ago and stored for a decade in a box. It has no water damage, no mold, none of that. It's brand new and signed by all original members. I've bought new albums in a record store in worse condition.

If you're a big spender and you are interested, one listing is up now and I'm sure another will follow. It's been up for 22 hours and is already over $200. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MUTEMATH-Signed-Self-Titled-Album-Double-Vinyl-LP-Record-RARE-Mute-Math-NM-OOP-/172219670178

PS- I posted this in the eBay thread too. I'm really trying to help garner exposure. Again, there are 2 listings in all. One now. One later. If you want a shot at this, sometime within the next 7-14 days is your best bet. These are totally mint copies and super legit. I've never heard this album sound like this. 

Just now, Kanye West said:

ST and Armistice are supposed to get a repress. Gonna hold off. 

Oh for sure. If ours wasn't free, we would've too. Just sharing the knowledge. Seller is a good guy, and I told him I'd give him some shares. My wife is a huge MM fan, so we wanted to try to help him in a world he's oblivious to. Gave him mailers, wrote the description, and provided feedback to help him. 

• 3 months later...

Damn, that's a bummer. I've had the OG pressing of that album since I bought it on tour 10 years ago. Personally I've been holding out hope that the repress would be of the WB Records version and not the Teleprompt version. 

But at least I'll stop getting hounded on Discogs from people trying to convince me to sell it to them.