PO Now: KarbomB/ Seagulls Split (FFO: Hot Water Music, A Wilhelm Scream, and beards)

say048.jpg

http://www.say-10.com/store/karbombseagullssplit/ 

A brief summary: This is homegrown punk from my hometown of Athens, Ga (KarbomB) and nearby Atlanta (Seagulls). This is PUNK music. Assume nothing. This is raw punk and it's fucking rad. Aslo, these are really good people you would be supporting for a $12 record. Records are supposed to ship in winter. No date yet.

NOTE: If you're going to Fest, you should DEFINITELY go see them. I promise.

Give them each a listen to see what you think.

https://karbomb.bandcamp.com/

https://seagullsatl.bandcamp.com/

Oh and the cover songs can be heard here: https://www.punknews.org/bands/karbomb 

Product Description

KarbomB’s side of the split starts out immediately with fast, driving beats, with lyrics and energy to match.  Their style of hardcore influenced punk is reminiscent of Kid Dynamite, and will definitely get you pumped up for whatever it is the kids get pumped about these days.

Seagulls bring it right back around with more hardcore-punk melodies and beats, with a set of growling vocals that let you know these guys aren’t messing around.  If KarbomB’s side of the split sounds like it will get you pumped, this side will definitely not disappoint.

(FFO: Hot Water Music, A Wilhelm Scream, and beards)

1) KarbomB – Holy Babble
2) KarbomB – Same Shlitz Different Daze
3) KarbomB – Tuff Shit
4) KarbomB – Skatebreed
5) KarbomB – Scrape
6) KarbomB – Dream On
7) Seagulls – (Treat Yo Self To Some) Night Terrors
8) Seagulls – Prepare To Be Underwhelmed
9) Seagulls – Lethal Weapon 5
10) Seagulls – Rob Fordingthefuckingriver
11) Seagulls – Jumper

25 fest pressings on black w/ screened covers available at the Say-10 table at Fest 14
400 on Title Belt Gold
100 on Gold w/ blood splatter

I am so stoked for this. some of my best friends and best dudes.

They are all really cool and nice guys. I've only met/ seen Seagulls once, but I've known the dudes from KarbomB for years. Their drummer/ vocalist and I have been friends for half of my 28 years.

If anyone has the chance to see them play live, you should. It's a blast. The last time I saw them, my wife and I were amongst the 4 total people in the crowd (at some Brooklyn dive bar for a HC matinee) who were rocking out and getting day wasted.

They are all really cool and nice guys. I've only met/ seen Seagulls once, but I've known the dudes from KarbomB for years. Their drummer/ vocalist and I have been friends for half of my 28 years.

If anyone has the chance to see them play live, you should. It's a blast. The last time I saw them, my wife and I were amongst the 4 total people in the crowd (at some Brooklyn dive bar for a HC matinee) who were rocking out and getting day wasted.

Have we met each other? I lived in Athens from 04-06. I've known Nick since then.

Have we met each other? I lived in Athens from 04-06. I've known Nick since then.

It's entirely possible. I didn't graduate highschool until 2005, but Nick and I went to highschool together. I think that was the ABFAN timeframe for Nick...? If so, we may have been at many of the same shows possibly. We may have ended up at some of the same parties too. I wasn't much of a drinker or anything then, but that doesn't mean it wasn't happening all around me. The name is Ben, fyi.

It's entirely possible. I didn't graduate highschool until 2005, but Nick and I went to highschool together. I think that was the ABFAN timeframe for Nick...? If so, we may have been at many of the same shows possibly. We may have ended up at some of the same parties too. I wasn't much of a drinker or anything then, but that doesn't mean it wasn't happening all around me. The name is Ben, fyi.

Yep. I know Nick from the ABFAN days. I did Loud Fast Rules on WUOG at the time when we had bands playing live so we were definitely at some of the same shows. Andy.

Yep. I know Nick from the ABFAN days. I did Loud Fast Rules on WUOG at the time when we had bands playing live so we were definitely at some of the same shows. Andy.

Nice. Well, if I saw you I may know you, but it doesn't ring a bell off hand. I also have a horrid memory so that could be an excuse.

• 1 month later...

Hopefully grabbing mine from Nick tonight!

Nice! Give Nick a kiss from Ben.

It sounds solid and the screen printing is nice. Just be careful with the jacket because it can easily be torn or ripped due to the type of material. It's like the Guardians of the galaxy release from Mondo.

• 3 months later...

So, KarbomB is opening up for Nofx at the Tabernacle in Atlanta, GA on April 25th. If you are going to that show, I recommend heading out early and checking them out. They are a great live show, and you should be able to pick up the vinyl or whatever from their merch guy. I'll also be insanely jealous of you because you are seeing them play with Nofx. 

• 2 weeks later...