Beach House - Thank Your Lucky Stars (10/16)

so the source of your information/doubt was the selfishness and hope of being one of only a few people with the limited strip-club variant?

Or my friend saying they had an exclusive record at the show, and he said he wasn't sure they would have some by the end? And when was I supposed to be 100% serious on the internet all the time?

I think if this was true, we would see pre-orders for this variant from the indie stores that have an online store.

It's likely he doesn't know what copy he's ordering but he's been adamant about it.

How did the rare white version of Depression Cherry work? That was never available via preorder... record shops that were on the Sub Pop list received a copy each? Don't recall.

It's likely he doesn't know what copy he's ordering but he's been adamant about it.

How did the rare white version of Depression Cherry work? That was never available via preorder... record shops that were on the Sub Pop list received a copy each? Don't recall.

I believe that the white (US) version of DC was given to indie stores as a promo / giveaway item only.  I don't think that it was meant to be sold.  I would guess that if record stores received a glitter copy of TYLS, it would likely be the same sort of deal.

This album has a really laid back feel. Its almost lofi in away...I fucking love it! Its more like their earlier stuff in a way! IDK you gotta hear it for yourself but its defiantly a "different" album as they said! Not really like DC at all!

Also is response to the Glitter LPs, I was lucky enough to get one of those Glow In The Dark - Bloom copies from my local store, as a giveaway...I would venture a guess it will be the same thing...stores that request a copy or order several copies of the album are more likely to get the Glitter (at leasts that what I was told with regard to bloom) - So maybe the person saying their shop was able to PO it, is kinda true! But I bet its supposed to be given away and not sold, which sounds like that won't be the case for that shop?