FALLOUT 3 VINYL BOX SET AND PICTURE DISC LP

Why is there so much "love" for Three Dogs commentary? It's a cool/funny part of the game but I wouldn't want to hear it on a record. It'd be completely stupid and a waste. A little 5-15 second dialogue in between songs? I have the Napoleon Dynamite and Nacho Libre soundtracks, and the music is great, but the movie quotes in between (on disc 2 for both) are annoying. You buy vinyl now-a-days for the music not spoken word stuff.

I'm just "bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts". But, seriously, just think about it. (And I don't mean to offend anyone, just my opinion)

I haven't seen much "love" for the speaking parts. I was only showing "love" for the licensed songs. Honestly, I wouldn't mind an LP with those songs and Three Dog occasionally thrown in between, though. I mean, I've got more than a few albums with spoken parts thrown in between songs.

Why is there so much "love" for Three Dogs commentary? It's a cool/funny part of the game but I wouldn't want to hear it on a record. It'd be completely stupid and a waste. A little 5-15 second dialogue in between songs? I have the Napoleon Dynamite and Nacho Libre soundtracks, and the music is great, but the movie quotes in between (on disc 2 for both) are annoying. You buy vinyl now-a-days for the music not spoken word stuff.

I'm just "bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts". But, seriously, just think about it. (And I don't mean to offend anyone, just my opinion)

Didn't people bash mondo's Halloween for that at first? Honestly didn't bother me and I wouldn't mind three dog or John Henry eden but whatever, to each their own, I just want fallout vinyl.

I remember quite a few people wanted it back when it was teased. "I'll only buy if it has Three Dog," etc. I don't know, it's just puzzled me why people actually want that. But, I'm still stoked for this release regardless. If a radio LP is ever put out and it has those mixed in, I'd still get it. Hybrid's comment about that 7" possibly being ONLY dialogue was the straw that broke my back. It just seems like a poor choice music and business wise, now a single with "I Don't Want..." and "Maybe" as the A side/B side that seems more likely for it.

Hybrid's comment about that 7" possibly being ONLY dialogue was the straw that broke my back. It just seems like a poor choice music and business wise, now a single with "I Don't Want..." and "Maybe" as the A side/B side that seems more likely for it.

I don't think he ever implied it would be a good thing, he only said it was a possibility. 

I don't think he ever implied it would be a good thing, he only said it was a possibility. 

Yeah I got that. But even the thought of a possibility baffles me. Why choose some guys catchphrase over "the most memorable" song? If that makes sense.

Sorry, I probably shouldn't even have commented anyways, I hope this doesn't derail the thread or starts a flame war or whatever.

I didn't say that in hopes that it happens because I want Three Dog's commentary. I said that, because there's no info on what's on that 7" and as far as we know, there's no tracks on this, other than the score. So what the hell else could it be? Especially when it says GNR on it?

If it's actual songs, then great, that's even better. That is what I HOPE it is. But fuck me for throwing out a random thought.

Hmm.... $10 more than TLOU from Mondo. Definitely feel like I'm being ripped off a bit here. I'll probably still cave and buy it though because its Fallout! Ha.

Out of curiosity I added two hardback books to my cart at $40 each (cant see them weighing less than this box set, I have similar ones at home) and did a shipping estimate to the UK. Came out at $30, so I'm hoping that's about right. Shipping on TLOU was $63 to the UK(!)

Hotline Miami 3xLP was $60 and came with a copy of the game. TLOU 4xLP was $75 and came in a beautiful sturdy slip box. 

This price is absurd.

I'm not super keen on the price but I love the cover. Don't see why people are complaining about it.

It's a jagged screengrab with a low res logo popped on top of it. The only way they could have taken less effort in making it is if they left it blank.

(I know it's not technically an in-game screengrab, but looks just as uninspired)

Hotline Miami 3xLP was $60 and came with a copy of the game. TLOU 4xLP was $75 and came in a beautiful sturdy slip box. 

This price is absurd.

It's a jagged screengrab with a low res logo popped on top of it. The only way they could have taken less effort in making it is if they left it blank.

If I'm not mistaken, it's the end of the trailer, which I always thought was a cool shot. Minimal doesn't necessarily mean lazy, and lazy doesn't mean bad. 

If I'm not mistaken, it's the end of the trailer, which I always thought was a cool shot. Minimal doesn't necessarily mean lazy, and lazy doesn't mean bad. 

Still, this thing is not as glorious as TLOU and seems a little "thrown together" for such a major release.  The price is unjustified - except that they know it'll sell because it's Fallout.  They could sell Fallout-branded turd sandwiches and they'd sell out during preorder.

Still, this thing is not as glorious as TLOU and seems a little "thrown together" for such a major release. The price is unjustified - except that they know it'll sell because it's Fallout. They could sell Fallout-branded turd sandwiches and they'd sell out during preorder.

Speaking of which, I have some of these for sale if anyone is interested. $40 PPD.