FALLOUT 3 VINYL BOX SET AND PICTURE DISC LP

Still, this thing is not as glorious as TLOU and seems a little "thrown together" for such a major release.  The price is unjustified - except that they know it'll sell because it's Fallout.  They could sell Fallout-branded turd sandwiches and they'd sell out during preorder.

Well yeah, I already said I'm not keen on the price, just saying I think the art is cool.

Like I said before, the Last of Us record barely justified it's price because it was a 4LP set with custom Olly Moss art.

SpaceLab ALWAYS phone in the design of their records, using the same old key-art wherever possible. This is not worth $85.

Definitely not worth the price because it's 3 discs and the ambient score isn't that great, but I care a lot less about the art than I do the music. If I really liked the soundtrack and it was only $50, but came in a blank white box, I'd probably still get it for the music.

i dont fucking understand the majority of you. you know what a new LP sells for now a days, so why the hell are you bitching about the price? 3 LP, four pocket tri fold, box set,  LICENSING costs + hype of Fallout 4 + demand for this to happen for YEARS. The price seems pretty fucking justified. Remember that the pic disc, is going to be about $27-32 from HT so it's not that goddamn bad.

Get over yourselves.

edit : and free shipping.

i dont fucking understand the majority of you. you know what a new LP sells for now a days, so why the hell are you bitching about the price? 3 LP, four pocket tri fold, box set,  LICENSING costs + hype of Fallout 4 + demand for this to happen for YEARS. The price seems pretty fucking justified. Remember that the pic disc, is going to be about $27-32 from HT so it's not that goddamn bad.

Get over yourselves.

The new Titus Andronicus album came in one of those big trifold book sleeves... also 3LP and with a poster and only cost something like $30. 

Just sayin'.

Think of it this way: would you pay what it costs now, or $200 (when it's bound to be sold out) on eBay next year?

Or...and maybe this is just me, you could not buy this at all because it's just expensive garbage that you'll never play more than once...

Or...and maybe this is just me, you could not buy this at all because it's just expensive garbage that you'll never play more than once...

True. Soundtracks in general are weird in the vinyl world. But for me, I like the score, I like Fallout, I'm probably gonna be a sucker for this release. It'll get some decent playing time, it just won't be the pride and joy and most spun of my collection. But, depending on what's on that 7", that might actually be the first to disintegrate. Love me them oldies.

i dont fucking understand the majority of you. you know what a new LP sells for now a days, so why the hell are you bitching about the price? 3 LP, four pocket tri fold, box set, LICENSING costs + hype of Fallout 4 + demand for this to happen for YEARS. The price seems pretty fucking justified. Remember that the pic disc, is going to be about $27-32 from HT so it's not that goddamn bad.

Get over yourselves.

There's nothing to understand; it's a message board and people are expressing their opinions about pricing and artwork for the release. If every post on this board was "I love this release and can't wait to pay $85 for it!!" this place would be boring as fuck to come back to.

i dont fucking understand the majority of you. you know what a new LP sells for now a days, so why the hell are you bitching about the price? 3 LP, four pocket tri fold, box set, LICENSING costs + hype of Fallout 4 + demand for this to happen for YEARS. The price seems pretty fucking justified. Remember that the pic disc, is going to be about $27-32 from HT so it's not that goddamn bad.

Get over yourselves.

I know what you're getting at, and if I were in the states then I would 100% buy this without hesitation, but, for me it's probably gonna end up costing almost double because of shipping, import tax, and the mandatory customs handling charge of around £10. In fact I just did a quick estimate and it's potentially gonna cost in the region of $150 for me to get this....

Guess my circumstances are a little different to most of you guys, but that's why I'm on the fence. That price is making me question whether it's worth it. Those with free shipping in the US: Think yourselves lucky!

I know what you're getting at, and if I were in the states then I would 100% buy this without hesitation, but, for me it's probably gonna end up costing almost double because of shipping, import tax, and the mandatory customs handling charge of around £10. In fact I just did a quick estimate and it's potentially gonna cost in the region of $150 for me to get this....

Guess my circumstances are a little different to most of you guys, but that's why I'm on the fence. That price is making me question whether it's worth it. Those with free shipping in the US: Think yourselves lucky!

Yup - what this guy said.

Also, for the record - "hype" is not a valid reason to overcharge for a record.