PO Soon - The Ship Thieves

I pre-ordered the green on the first day. Today I received my package from No Idea. Inside was a blue record (in a damaged jacket to boot). Obviously the green is sold out now so I'm SOL, just really annoying. Was just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them. My record looks nothing like the picture of the green posted in this thread.

Interesting. Did you write to [email protected] and mention that you received a damaged jacket, send a photo of the vinyl, or ask any form of polite question, directly? If so, did he not respond withing a day or two with an equally polite, rather helpful note? Did he not answer your questions, offer to mail you a replacement jacket or any other kind of out-of-pocket solution that cost you not a dime?

Or... did you get your nose out of joint and make a post here, casting aspersions? Was the box flimsy and packed poorly... or was it heavy weight with extra cardboard / filler? Did the USPS damage a perfectly reasonably packed box, perhaps? Do you live in Chicago, an apartment complex, or in any other situation where there was anyone handling the box, post USPS?

We have received (as far as I am aware) exactly zero messages from people with damaged Ship Thieves records. That is nice, but when shipping 250 records... you'd expect one or two to get sat on by USPS, although they are generally rather kind in their handling overall.

The bottom line is that you are bummed because you brought to the table your love for Wollard and Ship Thieves, which of course we share. It's important to you... and you were looking forward to a certain experience, opening your box and casting eyes on your new record for the first time. That is understandable... and I salute you!

Allow us to help you. Drop a note to [email protected]

Save the drama for offline, please. And perhaps consider that most labels releasing a pretty-limited-version of a new album by a pretty-well-regarded band would have sold it for $5 to $11 more, if not made it a fixed part of a $50 bundle. You're welcome!

I pre-ordered the green on the first day. Today I received my package from No Idea. Inside was a blue record (in a damaged jacket to boot). Obviously the green is sold out now so I'm SOL, just really annoying. Was just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them. My record looks nothing like the picture of the green posted in this thread.

Anybody else order green and get blue instead? PISSED.

Like the nice man said, no idea is one of the best labels around as general awesomeness and customer service. Shoot them an email and they will set you right.

Now, I don't know if you are allergic to blue vinyl or maybe had some boo-berry induced childhood trauma, but receiving the rarer variant in an order is not the worst thing in life. In all likelihood you probably got a transition color. Lucky you. I am sure someone here would be happy to trade a green for your "blue."

Also, this record rules.