Any fans of Te' ? (Japanese post-rock crazy)

So, this band is insane. I'm having trouble figuring out which songs are on which albums, but if you guys like math rock, post-rock and metal at all, you'll probably love these guys. I can't stop!

The closest thing I can compare them to is if Gates were crazier and more "hardcore" I guess. These guys have a very raw intense sound.

Here's 2 of my favorite tracks so far:

Yeah, I thought that thing sold out ages ago.

And I prefer the titles being in Japanese. Some of the final (bonus?) tracks of the albums are in English - in my iTunes - and they sport some of the most laughably pretentious try-hard bullshit titles I've ever read. I can dig up a few if you're interested, but this is a classic case of ignorance being bliss, for me.

And I prefer the titles being in Japanese. Some of the final (bonus?) tracks of the albums are in English - in my iTunes - and they sport some of the most laughably pretentious try-hard bullshit titles I've ever read. I can dig up a few if you're interested, but this is a classic case of ignorance being bliss, for me.

yeah the English titles are pretty laughable. they also have one word from every title in quotations.

Haha, I actually love those long phrase titles with the one word in quotes. But, that's probably not surprising for you guys, knowing me lol.

I found out that one of the songs I like is on their most recent album... just comparing the symbols in the title. Which is kind of cool to do. I wish I read Japanese!

Haha, I actually love those long phrase titles with the one word in quotes. But, that's probably not surprising for you guys, knowing me lol.

I found out that one of the songs I like is on their most recent album... just comparing the symbols in the title. Which is kind of cool to do. I wish I read Japanese!

I was actually going to "make" a snide remark about the song titles probably being up your alley, but decided not to.

And yeah, Té seem to go harder on each subsequent release. Especially those closers. I still need to pick up their last album, with the hair cover.

Some people don't like to sort through post-rock drivel to find stuff like this. Super badass band that I wouldn't have heard had it not had its own thread.

This your first exposure to them, Bronch? It may sound a little samey at times, but their entire discography is great. High energy, engaging, post-rock (/post-metal) done right. I hope you dig it, if it's your first time checking them out.

• 1 month later...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so for some reason Youtube is blocking all of the Zankyo Records videos in the USA.

Does anybody know how to get around this, or can you rip the videos off Youtube and upload them yourself?

This is so fucking lame. Thankfully some dude figured out the English titles on Youtube and sent me a notification, but it's now deleted after I visited his notification because the content is not available here, so I can't go back and look. He found me the Bandcamp link to the album (apparently the 2 tracks in the original post were coincidentally from the same release).

Ugh, this is so annoying; those videos were awesome.

There was one more that I loved that I can't find now, because the videos aren't even searchable for me any more. The song started off with a slower, chill bassline before getting all crazy... it's one of the Zankyo official videos on their youtube channel.

GRRRRRRRR

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it's this track that I'm talking about above. If you guys can figure out the English title from the comments or which album it's on, I would be so grateful.

Use hola, it allows you to change proxies to trick sites into thinking your in a different country.

https://hola.org/

Sweet, thanks man. I was checking their website, and it looks like that track is from their newest album, which isn't up on Discogs yet.

Its the first thing on this page: http://te-band.com/sound

but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available anywhere, even from their record label site. Kinda frustrating, haha.

What We "Perceive" To Be Nice Song Titles Are Actually Echoes Of Our "Substantial" Existence, Reflected Into The Abyss Of Loss And Understanding.

haha I know you guys all think its the stupid and lamest thing ever but I love the phrases they come up with for the songs. Its over the top, absolutely. And I love it.