Marilyn Manson Reissues?

So I asked Manson tonight at the Grammy Museum about vinyl reissues and if he'd consider having Chris Bellman cut them for vinyl he said Tyler and the Brian Lucey suggested Bellman and if/ when they revisit the back catalogue next year he will take my and Tyler's advice and use Bellman.....

Also, I verbally geeked out about how well the album was mastered and Brian Lucey was sitting right next to me which I didn't find out until after the event when he introduced himself....

So I asked Manson tonight at the Grammy Museum about vinyl reissues and if he'd consider having Chris Bellman cut them for vinyl he said Tyler and the Brian Lucey suggested Bellman and if/ when they revisit the back catalogue next year he will take my and Tyler's advice and use Bellman.....

Also, I verbally geeked out about how well the album was mastered and Brian Lucey was sitting right next to me which I didn't find out until after the event when he introduced himself....

NOW THIS IS PROGRESS. I AM NOW OKAY WITH THIS THREAD BEING A THING

Yeah I don't want to sound like that f'n guy but I made it a point to ask it during the Q&A.

Also, interesting notes, MM and Tyler Bates plan on working on another album together. They plan on doing a show(s) (it was unclear) where they play THE PALE EMPEROR front to back.

There were plans at the beginning of the year to play ACSS, Mechanical Animals, and Holy Wood front to back , but the craziness of THE PALE EMPEROR has delayed that from happening.

Originally Warship My Wreck was to be the lead track on TPE, MM and TB both chose it, but after further discussions and talking with friends they chose to go with Killing Strangers as they didn't want to give away their masterpiece, they wanted to build up to it.

They didn't have a label when the record was being written and felt it refreshing that a label rep wasn't on their backs to tweak things, they also mixed the album as it was recorded, something Tyler said he does for his film scores.

There are no unreleased songs. They wrote what's on the album and that's it.

They finished the discussion with Tyler on guitar and Manson singing Fall of the House of Death and Sweet Dreams.

Tyler had such a big impact on TPE, the arrangements are great

The great thing is they seemed extremely close at the event and I don't believe TPE will be a one time thing. It sounds like they hang out a lot. Tyler is in Studio City and Manson in the Hollywood Hills so it's not very far for them to jam out and work on new material often. Hopefully a new album is only a short time away.

EDIT: Also, I will say he corrected himself when he said If and then said when, in regards to the back catalog, so it sounds like there are plans to revisit the back catalog in 2016.   

This could be good. Thank for sharing and for asking the question.

I have a HT red ACSS and a blue/white MA and an original HW that I scored RSD '14.

For those who are concerned about ACSS sounding flat, that album has always sounded very thin. It was thin on CD in 1996 and its thin on the HT press. Naturally the inherent analog playback of the needle in the groove colors the sound to be a bit different than the CD sounds but the general source mastering seems to be the same.

The great thing is they seemed extremely close at the event and I don't believe TPE will be a one time thing. It sounds like they hang out a lot. Tyler is in Studio City and Manson in the Hollywood Hills so it's not very far for them to jam out and work on new material often. Hopefully a new album is only a short time away.

EDIT: Also, I will say he corrected himself when he said If and then said when, in regards to the back catalog, so it sounds like there are plans to revisit the back catalog in 2016.

hopefully some more time will make the output between these two sound less calculated. I like TPE, but it sounds a little too formulaic and deliberate. Instead of sounding completely fresh and new, it sounds like Tyler Bates wrote a MM album.

• 1 year later...

Holy shit.  

http://exclaim.ca/music/article/marilyn_manson_announces_antichrist_superstar_20th_anniversary_box_set

Im pretty sure the video he talks about is "The Groupie", as well.

I already have the HT anti-christ reissue, but I will definitely be buying this. Really hoping for vinyl reissues of "Mechanical Animals" & "Holy Wood" one day.