Marilyn Manson Reissues?

Hope this isn't sourced from the same place as the HT repress was. Compared to the original I have the red was just not anywhere near as nice sounding. Snagged this for $100 not too terribly long ago and it sounds great though. The fact that people are paying more for the red than this which is an OG promo copy kinda really bothers me because the sound is a night and day difference. Somethingsomething the hobby I suppose.

https://www.discogs.com/Marilyn-Manson-Antichrist-Superstar/release/3222700

cant believe this came out 20 years ago. i remember going to a store's midnight madness event for this and they had a huge line and sold out of it before i got my copy. they got so big so fast.

I had no idea the red hot topic version sold for $150+. That is crazy. Especially since a good amount of them were warped on top of sounding fairly crappy.

12 hours ago, Holo said:

Hope this isn't sourced from the same place as the HT repress was. Compared to the original I have the red was just not anywhere near as nice sounding. Snagged this for $100 not too terribly long ago and it sounds great though. The fact that people are paying more for the red than this which is an OG promo copy kinda really bothers me because the sound is a night and day difference. Somethingsomething the hobby I suppose.

https://www.discogs.com/Marilyn-Manson-Antichrist-Superstar/release/3222700

I agree 100%

I have the original, and had the red HT one also at one point (the completist in me). The red one sounds like poop in comparison. Maybe it's just a CD master?

Some people don't care about the mastering/pressing info. They just want the pretty colors.

18 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

I agree 100%

I have the original, and had the red HT one also at one point (the completist in me). The red one sounds like poop in comparison. Maybe it's just a CD master?

Some people don't care about the mastering/pressing info. They just want the pretty colors.

I just need to track down a copy of the SV Portrait and I'm set. I am the minority that doesn't really care about Golden Age. 

5 hours ago, Mr Mojo said:

I wouldn't mind a reissue of Mechanical Animals.

The best Manson album in my book.

Definitely would buy Mechanical Animals I go back to that album a lot. Although I'd be tempted by anything that was reasonably priced.

50 minutes ago, psyvjor said:

Hoping for this. My collection needs a devil vinyl - OR should i say "devinyl". ok haha I'm out.

Devil vinyl?

8 hours ago, Holo said:

I just need to track down a copy of the SV Portrait and I'm set. I am the minority that doesn't really care about Golden Age. 

Portrait is my favorite. I have the original, and the green 1LP from HT.

The 2LP original sounds superb, the HT one ...not so much.

Golden Age is the only one I'm missing, and I'm in no rush.

3 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

The 2LP original sounds superb, the HT one ...not so much.

Completely agree. I sold my green HT set to someone on ebay a couple years back when i got the old press for a decent price. It was to a mother in the UK who was buying it for their 16 year old daughter. She was asking me questions as to whether it was appropriate for her and telling me how she was nervous about her behavior. It was pretty hilarious.

10 minutes ago, fish said:

Completely agree. I sold my green HT set to someone on ebay a couple years back when i got the old press for a decent price. It was to a mother in the UK who was buying it for their 16 year old daughter. She was asking me questions as to whether it was appropriate for her and telling me how she was nervous about her behavior. It was pretty hilarious.

please tell me you took the opportunity to convince the mom that her daughter needed an exorcism or something.

"yeah, it's about what all the kids are into these days. Hell, there's a song about sodomy and another about school shootings. Absolutely nothing questionable at all, just what our Dark Lord commands. Thanks for the interest!"