Marilyn Manson Reissues?

On 10/14/2015 at 8:56 PM, JacobMckinley said:

As much as i'm feeling the love, i have a legit question. How many of you listen to your HT AC Superstar presses? I pulled mine back out the other day and was surprised at how flat it sounded.

Am i just hearing it wrong or does this thing not sound super great?

My white label Simply Vinyl pressing sounded amazing the last time I listened to it.

Rumor has it the Simply Vinyl pressings were actually sourced from some sort of master tape. (Digital? Analog?)

I don’t know if mine still does sound good, as I foolishly left it inside that HORRIBLE PVC sleeve that it came in. 

Still need to find it so I can remove it. Take all of your records OUT of those. 😱

The Red Hot Topic re-press is sourced from the CD.

Edited by Plarocks

1 hour ago, nicbong said:

This place has it, in case you're willing to gamble https://www.juno.co.uk/products/marilyn-manson-antichrist-superstar/850228-01/

Heads up too. The catalog number is “SVLP 055COL.”

This is the same catalog number as the Simply Vinyl pressing, with a “COL” extension. Colored vinyl?

If this is made from the Simply Vinyl plates, this might be worth grabbing.

If so, I might grab a spare.

Edited by Plarocks

5 hours ago, ScourgeOfWrath said:

I ordered from that Juno UK site yesterday with FedEx shipping and they have already sent me a tracking number. I'll report back with what I receive once it gets here.

Is that actually in transit? This will be interesting as it seems to have been completely removed from a lot of sites that referenced it including the RSD site, Popmarket,  & Deepdiscount making it seem like it was a mistake or got pulled.

I ordered from pop market on Thursday before it was taken down and haven’t received an email about cancelation or a refund. Description in confirmation email does say it’s an import so maybe Juno Uk already has their copies?  Either way I’m also curious to see how this all turns out. 

3 hours ago, fish said:

Is that actually in transit? This will be interesting as it seems to have been completely removed from a lot of sites that referenced it including the RSD site, Popmarket,  & Deepdiscount making it seem like it was a mistake or got pulled.

No it is not in transit yet but I am keeping an eye on it. Rollin' Records who are notorious for and definitely not shy about selling bootlegs says it appears to be an official pressing. I am not sure why they would mention it being an official pressing if it was something they would gladly sell on their app as an unofficial release.

16 hours ago, blueeyesgetboring said:

I ordered from pop market on Thursday before it was taken down and haven’t received an email about cancelation or a refund. Description in confirmation email does say it’s an import so maybe Juno Uk already has their copies?  Either way I’m also curious to see how this all turns out. 

Juno usually put up items for order only when they have the physical copies so its a good bet they have it.

1 hour ago, craigeduk said:

Juno usually put up items for order only when they have the physical copies so its a good bet they have it.

I do preorders from them occasionally since their shipping is so reasonable to the states. But I've never got tracking on something until it ships. So I bet they have something.  But I've also bought bootlegs from them before too. So I hope this isn't just one of the white copies that has been being sold on ebay.

1 hour ago, Skacel said:

Random colour choice but the OP in Reddit says it sounds decent enough so here's hoping.

Sounds decent enough? At best it’s the CD eq’ed for vinyl. Someone can just listen to the CD or lossless stream and have no surface noise, rumble, wow, flutter, or other issues and defects.