Marilyn Manson Reissues?

1 hour ago, kannibal said:

Sounds decent enough? At best it’s the CD eq’ed for vinyl. Someone can just listen to the CD or lossless stream and have no surface noise, rumble, wow, flutter, or other issues and defects.

Yeah but what about the warmth of vinyl? 

On 10/26/2021 at 11:08 AM, mcpherson123 said:

So are records stores and RSD just desperate to move product and listing unofficial releases because of it now?

Yeah, all I've been hearing about lately is how nobody buys vinyl anymore. Must be a last ditch desperation attempt to stay afloat.

1 hour ago, The Fuck Whisperer said:

Yeah, all I've been hearing about lately is how nobody buys vinyl anymore. Must be a last ditch desperation attempt to stay afloat.

My point wasn't that vinyl sales are down. They're not. My point was that production for new releases is even slower than normal due to supply chain issues and possibly Covid era safety measures in plants so not enough records are being produced to meet the demand of keeping retail outlets full of product to sell.

Its well known that plants' queues are backed up around a year or more so I'm not sure why you'd assume that I meant something completely outlandish as opposed to the obvious reality I, however vaguely, actually referred to.

1 hour ago, mcpherson123 said:

My point wasn't that vinyl sales are down. They're not. My point was that production for new releases is even slower than normal due to supply chain issues and possibly Covid era safety measures in plants so not enough records are being produced to meet the demand of keeping retail outlets full of product to sell.

Its well known that plants' queues are backed up around a year or more so I'm not sure why you'd assume that I meant something completely outlandish as opposed to the obvious reality I, however vaguely, actually referred to.

It was a joke

Because this was probably whoever pressed this being devious sending info to stores like it was a real release rather than a gigantic entity like RSD risking everything just to sell one bootleg.

Edited by The Fuck Whisperer

13 hours ago, deftbarley said:

Is this a joke? Where are you getting this news?

Its mostly an assumption but the fact that the plants are backed up especially for popular titles to be repressed seems to logically follow that since a major component of RSD as an organization is keeping physical media flowing to stores and knowing that record stores are waiting for titles to be repressed or pressed for the first instance to carry the media, I made a non-scientific critique about why a bootleg would be getting profiled on the RSD site.

The reality that this assumption is based on is that, according to record store owners and staff that I know and talk, the plants are backed up and the stores are waiting for major and minor titles to be back in supply again or in supply for the first time.

4 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

Its mostly an assumption but the fact that the plants are backed up especially for popular titles to be repressed seems to logically follow that since a major component of RSD as an organization is keeping physical media flowing to stores and knowing that record stores are waiting for titles to be repressed or pressed for the first instance to carry the media, I made a non-scientific critique about why a bootleg would be getting profiled on the RSD site.

The reality that this assumption is based on is that, according to record store owners and staff that I know and talk, the plants are backed up and the stores are waiting for major and minor titles to be back in supply again or in supply for the first time.

There was a long article about plants being backed up in sundays NYT. I know plants are backed up because more people are pressing records but I haven't seen or noticed any lack of records in the stores I go to so that's why I asked.

I'm guessing the real reason this showed up on the rsd site is because the label is simply vinyl, which at one time was a real label doing represses but now it is a different label ran by bootleggers under the same name (as told to me on reddit).

So database/clerical error, not desperation by rsd is my hunch.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, larshj said:

Mechanical Animals is getting a repress - August 11th.

Link (I'm sure more will follow soon):
https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/Marilyn-Manson-Mechanical-Animals-180g/hnum/2904794

Been waiting for this one. I have the cassette, but would love this, Portrait, and AntiChrist on vinyl.

2 hours ago, archiced said:

It’s a legit store so, I think yes. 

I've seen brick and mortar shops starting to take pre-orders here in Denmark, so I'm pretty sure it's legit.

Other links:

https://imusic.dk/music/0600753385647/marilyn-manson-2023-mechanical-animals-lp

https://www.gaffashop.dk/shop/marilyn-manson-mechanical-93220p.html

https://vinylpladen.dk/vinyl/marilyn-manson/mechanical-animals-LP

I guess I'll believe this "official" reissue of Mechanical Animals when I see it. Of course, rumors of a reissue would be floating around after I just forked out the cash for a white/blue first pressing a couple weeks ago . Earlier in this thread, everyone was hyped for the supposed official reissue of Antichrist Superstar (as was I), and it turned out to be a bootleg. I bought it from Juno in the UK which just happens to be a brick and mortar store that does not have a history of selling bootlegs. It arrived with a bunch of sleeve damage like literally every corner of the cover was fucked. Once I figured out it was a boot, I tried to return it but they wanted me to pay for return shipping from the US in order to get refunded.