Sleepytime Gorilla Museum coming to vinyl (finally!)

• 5 months later...

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum “Grand Opening and Closing” Deluxe 2xLP

Pre-order: mid-November, 2016.
Release: December 16th, 2016.

At long last, the highly-awaited first-time vinyl pressing of avant rock's most puzzling literary unit ...

* “Grand Opening and Closing" on heavyweight 180-gram+ 2xLP.
* Mastered specifically for vinyl and including the bonus tracks - "More Time," "Flinch" and "Powerless (Live)."
* Heavyweight 350gsm gatefold jacket with black-flood inner pocket printing, featuring layouts and transliterations created together with the band themselves.
* Printed inner sleeves, featuring just about everything you could hope to know about SGM's original grand opening and closing ceremony.

* Vinyl colors:

- CREAM & METALLIC GOLD SWIRL [65 copies USA/Canada, 135 copies Rest of the World]
- OPAQUE CREAM [65 copies USA/Canada, 135 copies Rest of the World]
- BLACK [55 copies USA/Canada, 95 copies Rest of the World] (more black copies in distribution, as well)

14900343_1228918720498786_84964642409586

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum “Of Natural History” Deluxe 2xLP

The highly-awaited first-time vinyl pressing of avant rock's most puzzling literary unit's sophomore foray into aural decay in which the donkey-headed adversary of humanity opens the discussion.

* “Of Natural History" on heavyweight 180-gram+ 2xLP, mastered specifically for vinyl.
* Heavyweight 350gsm gatefold jacket with black-flood inner pocket printing, featuring layouts and transliterations created together with the band themselves.
* Printed inner sleeves, featuring just about everything you could hope to know about SGM's natural and historical archives.

* Vinyl colors:

- CREAM & GREEN SWIRL [65 copies USA/Canada, 135 copies Rest of the World]
- BLACK [55 copies USA/Canada, 95 copies Rest of the World] (more black copies in distribution, as well)

14925690_1230674913656500_38146122426556

I asked (via facebook post) if we'd be notified of the PO date ahead of time or if it will just get sprung on us and Blood Music liked it, but never responded! argggg!!
I really hope I can get my hands on these.
On a semi-related note, is anyone looking for the Per Frykdahl collected works DVD? I still have this and doubt I'll ever watch my DVD's again. I'd have to do some research, but I think there is some SGM related stuff on there.

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum “In Glorious Times” Deluxe 2xLP

The highly-awaited first-time vinyl pressing of avant rock's most puzzling literary unit's final foray into madness.

* “In Glorious Times" on heavyweight 180-gram+ 2xLP, mastered specifically for vinyl.
* Printed inner sleeves, featuring just about everything you could hope to know about SGM's natural and historical archives.

* Vinyl colors:

- CREAM & METALLIC BRONZE SWIRL [65 copies USA/Canada, 135 copies Rest of the World]

14910529_1233977443326247_11114749119231

4 hours ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

I asked (via facebook post) if we'd be notified of the PO date ahead of time or if it will just get sprung on us and Blood Music liked it, but never responded! argggg!!
I really hope I can get my hands on these.
On a semi-related note, is anyone looking for the Per Frykdahl collected works DVD? I still have this and doubt I'll ever watch my DVD's again. I'd have to do some research, but I think there is some SGM related stuff on there.

He likes almost every comment. And he's stopped announcing when things are going to go up because in the past he's had difficulties accessing the site to put stuff  up for sale because the site would crash from people f5'ing. So now he puts it up then makes a Facebook post about them being up for sale.

• 2 weeks later...

Dammit...been watching this for a while, and of course it goes on sale literally 10 minutes after I board my first flight for a full day of travel, so I missed out on the swirls.  In for one cream of each. These guys always put on a hell of a live show, and the albums a great as well.

9 hours ago, The Royal Dutch of Dukes said:

Dammit...been watching this for a while, and of course it goes on sale literally 10 minutes after I board my first flight for a full day of travel, so I missed out on the swirls.  In for one cream of each. These guys always put on a hell of a live show, and the albums a great as well.

Last time they played here was 2009. I drove an hour through a storm to see them. It was WELL worth it.