[Update 09/30: dandelion hands - IAIYH & kill evan] Official driptapes thread

• 3 months later...

SIDyu22.jpg

Hey guys, we're announcing three new june releases from drip tapes!

[drip-016] Iacon - d:/death/within/ourselv.exe 
"Iacon combines organic production with rich samples to create familiar yet unique soundscapes.
The brooding pop-beat styles tangle with memorable, heavily-adjusted vocal tracks into a fluid and cohesive whole.
Simultaneously accessible and engaging, "d:/death/within/ourselv.exe" is an LP to get lost in.
"
lmtd. to 50 Dark-Blue cassettes with graphic labels.

[drip-017]  grave architecture - INK
"A one-man bedroom project, grave architecture records melodic, hazy pop.
Built upon intriguing layers of windy acoustics, teetering synth-work and slackened vocals,
INK is a rewarding listen from the newcomer multi-instrumentalist."
lmtd. to 25 Rubine-Red cassettes with graphic labels. 

[drip-018]  soft - Milk Explosion
"Boston's dreampop duet Soft creates swirling jams with synth-driven vigor.
Utilizing keys, guitar feedback and an impressively thick production style, Evan Lo melds the dreamlike vocal delivery of Luna Vasquez
into a fittingly "soft" sand to sink your feet into. Their debut ep, "Milk Explosion" shows an engagingly
focused direction fit for washing away in. 
lmtd. to 25 Butterscotch cassettes with graphic labels.

~~as always you can find
free-downloads+streaming @ https://driptapes.bandcamp.com/ 
+ cassette pre-orders @ http://driptapes.storenvy.com/
love, love~~

Edited by dkrtz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That Milk Explosion tape looks fantastic, can't wait to get mine in!!

Everybody buy this tape. Seriously, it's so fucking good - give it a listen. We just put out another album called "Headspace" by the same guy on Granite Tapes. He's crazy talented, and seems to know just what to do with female vocals on the Soft project. I might also add that butterscotch tapes were a perfect choice <3

2 hours ago, mellowtooth said:

That Milk Explosion tape looks fantastic, can't wait to get mine in!!

Everybody buy this tape. Seriously, it's so fucking good - give it a listen. We just put out another album called "Headspace" by the same guy on Granite Tapes. He's crazy talented, and seems to know just what to do with female vocals on the Soft project. I might also add that butterscotch tapes were a perfect choice <3

Thanks for the kind words!! I just finished up dubbing the last tapes for this release so I'll be sending it out by Wednesday :D I listened to the headspace album last night too- really great stuff. He's right, evan is really talented with production. And i'm glad you dig the choice of butterscotch--i felt like it really really fit this one :)

We still have a buncha soft and grave architecture tapes available! Highly recommend soft for anyone looking for something to relax and wash away into summer with, and grave architecture for anyone interested in sticky, catchy bedroom pop with mumbly fun-bly vocals

We also only have two or three iacon tapes still available~ 

43 minutes ago, andy. said:

I got my bundle in. Everything looked good. One of the cases was cracked so I had to swap it out with a Goodwill one :(

I'm sorry to hear that man. Having a few tapes in that mailer may be more dangerous for the cases than I realized, I'll try to wrap them in a little padding in the future! 

3 hours ago, dvv said:

got the Iacon tape in today! great stuff! wish you would've put another sticker in cus the laptop I had one on before was stolen and I barely got a new one :unsure:

Happy it arrived safely :D I'm outta stickers atm; ran out half way through the pre-orders x.x whenever I get some more ordered though i'll send you some in an envelope! 

19 minutes ago, Jetboy said:

got my Iacon tape in the other week apparently usps destroyed the packaging on its way to me. Thankfully the tape came in with no damage.

Damn that's terrible to hear.. Glad it was safe but i wish they'd treat the packages they transport with at least a LITTLE care :( 

On 7/13/2016 at 1:05 PM, dkrtz said:

Damn that's terrible to hear.. Glad it was safe but i wish they'd treat the packages they transport with at least a LITTLE care :( 

First time it's ever happened to me, I guess they replaced the packaging after it was damaged and put all of the contents in a box and gave me a little copy pasta letter on the inside saying they were sorry. Can't be completely sure what I missed out on if any little goodies were thrown in.

• 4 weeks later...