PO: Julien Baker - Sprained Ankle

This hasn't been mentioned in this thread so far. Here's an awesome and insightful interview with Julien: http://www.stereogum.com/1839442/read-an-interview-with-young-phenom-julien-baker-and-watch-her-sprained-ankle-video/franchises/interview/

Most importantly, it answers a detail I've been thinking about a lot lately. In the last track, "Go Home", there's this awesome piano piece with some radio-speech like sample in the background. Through close listening and the powers of Google I was able to tell that this must in part be some sermon or pieces of a bible recitation, even found the right spot online. But the story she reveals behind it is reeeaally awkward, but you should read that yourself.

I'm not even a religious person, I just think the way those two things blend together so perfectly in the music is really noteworthy. Still waiting to get my hands on a vinyl copy over here... This is a must-buy.

Wow, that's crazy.

Totally.. and awesome in a way. I would still like to know what they are exactly saying in that sample. A part of it seems to be from the Book of Acts 2:22 (according to Google), but the part with "He is now a judge" etc. does not seem to be a part of that, too. So, if anyone here knows, I'd like to know the meaning :-)

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is looking for a 1st press copy of this great album, Deathwish has some clear copies in their distro.  I know these are pretty much impossible to find any longer so I would jump on them.

http://store.deathwishinc.com/product/6131084v.html?mc_cid=8d401f373b&mc_eid=cb4fbf3615

I think a repress is on the way from 6131 also.

If anyone is looking for a 1st press copy of this great album, Deathwish has some clear copies in their distro.  I know these are pretty much impossible to find any longer so I would jump on them.

http://store.deathwishinc.com/product/6131084v.html?mc_cid=8d401f373b&mc_eid=cb4fbf3615

Awesome thanks for the heads up! Was bummed I dragged my feet before so hopped on this right away

Awesome thanks for the heads up! Was bummed I dragged my feet before so hopped on this right away

Same here.  I put off buying it for the longest time and then all the sudden it was sold out everywhere I looked.  I'm happy to snag one of these clear copies because the new press colors look kind of lame. Clear always looks great.

thanks for the heads up!

I thought the repress on green was shipping on Jan 25? 

EDIT: NM just checked the site.  Now it says "THIS IS A PREORDER - SCHEDULED TO SHIP SPRING 2016"

Bummer.  It said Jan 25 when I ordered it.  Feel like this happens all the time now.

When you search on amazon or other sites for it, they say the vinyl will be released February 26, 2016. But that could always change with the delays, as you said these days.

When you search on amazon or other sites for it, they say the vinyl will be released February 26, 2016. But that could always change with the delays, as you said these days.

"The spring (vernal) equinox will occur on Sunday, March 20, 2016 at 04:31 UTC. In the United States, this translates to Saturday, March 19 in the Central, Mountain, and Pacific time zones (11:31 pm CDT, 10:31 pm MDT, 9:31 pm PDT)"

:(