PO: Julien Baker - Sprained Ankle

5 hours ago, Mars said:

Random find while searching:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDoem1zNPdd/

Beyond that, I don't know where it is.

20 hours ago, 2moreinches said:

@Mars where'd you come across that picture? I'm trying to figure out where the heck I can get one of those

That was an exclusive tour variant only available at shows.  I'm guessing they sold through them pretty quickly considering how popular this album grew to become.

6 hours ago, Mars said:

I thought the only tour variant was the red?  I have it and it doesn't look like that pink.

Yeah, the record pictured on that Instagram post is the red. The person who posted mentions it's the red and they bought it on tour. I think it only looks pink because it's sitting on top of the white sleeve. 

On 2016-08-03 at 3:40 PM, BrainGilliams said:

Yeah, the record pictured on that Instagram post is the red. The person who posted mentions it's the red and they bought it on tour. I think it only looks pink because it's sitting on top of the white sleeve. 

Don't really care, but the post mentions it as pink vinyl.  And my red tour copy is opaque - much darker too, could not be mistaken for pink. Like this:

R-8164763-1456349025-3103.jpeg.jpg

I still think that photo is of one of the Random mixed colours from the second print, even if it was mixed in with the tour variant.
21 – Random Mixed Colors
300 – Green
400 – Red (Tour Exclusive)
700 – Marble Grey

On August 5, 2016 at 1:56 PM, Snaggle Von Swift said:

I am super late to the party, but I absolutely love this album. Will be picking up whichever pressings are available and seeing her early next month.

I'm also late to the party but caught Julien's set at Outside Lands Saturday. She was stunning! They weren't selling her vinyl at the festival so I'll be grabbing this online.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got into this record, super late I know. But I love it!

I think I may have found a 1st Pressing on amazon for $20 shipped. Not a bad deal considering it's $18+Shipping for the 4th press from 6131. 

Idk it's sorda hard to tell. But it does say this at the end of the description:
"Standard weight colored vinyl in jacket with 11 x 11 insert with download card. Vinyl color is either clear blue or clear ("get what you get")"

9 minutes ago, kylet said:

I just got into this record, super late I know. But I love it!

I think I may have found a 1st Pressing on amazon for $20 shipped. Not a bad deal considering it's $18+Shipping for the 4th press from 6131. 

Idk it's sorda hard to tell. But it does say this at the end of the description:
"Standard weight colored vinyl in jacket with 11 x 11 insert with download card. Vinyl color is either clear blue or clear ("get what you get")"

Bullmoose says something similar "Vinyl color is either clear blue or clear" and I ended up with yellow. Just a head's up...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

there's a great new interview/podcast up on NPR where the song premiered. Really recommend you listen to the whole thing, Julien talks about her new label and the new song especially.

Link: NPR

Also, I'm stoked on the reissue. While I have a vinyl copy already, it will make it a LOT more convenient for folks over here to get their hands on one; I'm also eager to see whether Matador is going to give it some special treatment of whatever kind :)

Edited by poweredbytrust