Steel Pole Bath Tub 'Tulip' vinyl reissue

Bass player Dale Flattum wrote this about the reissue, it's interesting:

I admittedly had mixed (and indifferent) feelings when asked about reissuing and remastering our old records, but it's not often that you get a chance to fix your past. (Or at least fix ONE of the things in your past that always bugged you.) And TULIP always bugged me.

Mainly I hated the art. It was one of the only times we trusted the design to a "professional" and unfortunately had to ditch the original concept of each format having a different pulp novel cover. (Which would have been cool.) Instead the LP art just got cropped for the cassette and the CD and since at the time (1991) I didn't even own a CD player, I didn't think too much about it. (But I still HATED it.)
SO when asked about reissuing the TULIP vinyl my first question was "Can we fix the art?!"

As for the audio, TULIP had issues from the beginning. It was recorded on an 8 track reel to reel at the Rhythm & Noise compound in Hunters Point San Francisco. Fidelity being traded for TIME. We mixed down to DAT tape and then dumped those into Sound Designer (?!) where some questionable EQ choices got made. FORTUNATELY Mike found the original DAT tapes, (previously thought lost) and Mister Bob Weston was able to work his magic from those, and then weave the whole mess back together again.

So if you were a fan of this record, I think you'll be surprised at how much "better" the new version sounds. If you never listened to this record (or Steel Pole Bath Tub for that matter) this might be a nice place to start. It was considered by some to be our high water mark, (not by me) but I do think it is our most creative and probably cohesive effort...
So here it is:

Double gate fold LP with new art by me, including an AMAZING illustration by Casey Burns.

An 8 page insert with lots of new photos and notes from the band, Noah Landis (Neurosis), Tom Flynn (Boner Records) and Henry Owings (Chunklet).

There's green vinyl available with a bonus art print, heavy white vinyl and 180 gram BLACK vinyl. (Each of these come with a download card.)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone get theirs yet?

I got my yellow/green one. It came w/ a seam split (I had asked vinyl to be shipped outside sleeve but it wasn't). That was a bummer. And an edge warp was a bummer. But, Side B has a major defect that definitely screws up the first few songs. Pretty big round scuffs.

I wrote them for a replacement copy. 

Bass player Dale Flattum wrote this about the reissue, it's interesting:

I admittedly had mixed (and indifferent) feelings when asked about reissuing and remastering our old records, but it's not often that you get a chance to fix your past. (Or at least 

does that mean other reissues are going to be coming?