Solid State Records Remember November (WEEK 3: The Chariot)

+4 support on Oh Sleeper. They just announced a show in Feburary in Lawrence! Def going to that. I saw them and The Chariot at a youth group back in 2009. Was incredible.

They are sick live! Saw them on Warped '13. I think that was their last "tour", besides them doing local shows in Texas, hopefully they'll be getting out more.

I kind of feel like next weeks will be underoath. UO stated the VIP was the tour exclusive so I would imagine SS would release their store exclusive of it.

Underoath said in an interview (BadChristian podcast?) that the "tour exclusive" was it (and it's not just limited to VIP). Don't quote me, I didn't listen to it, I think I saw someone saying that on here, probably in the UO Breakup thread.

They are sick live! Saw them on Warped '13. I think that was their last "tour", besides them doing local shows in Texas, hopefully they'll be getting out more.

Underoath said in an interview (BadChristian podcast?) that the "tour exclusive" was it (and it's not just limited to VIP). Don't quote me, I didn't listen to it, I think I saw someone saying that on here, probably in the UO Breakup thread.

Dang that's a bummer. I'm glad I bought the VIP thing. Both of those albums need a repress badly. Especially DTGL. I still would be stoked on I am hollywood from HIL although it seems unlikely.

Half-baked theory time:

The Question, When Everything Falls, O God the Aftermath = 2005

Come Now Sleep, The Fiancee = 2007

Also 2007? When I Am God.

really hope that's not how it turns out to be. That is Oh Sleeper's weakest release IMO. Although, it could really benefit from a proper remaster.

Since we're on the subject... On November 5th, Oh Sleeper made a Facebook post announcing a Texas show. In the comments they replied to someone and insinuated a new album was being worked on. I really like When I Am God and Son Of The Morning. The later stuff isn't as interesting to me. Plus, the band didn't exactly deliver 100% on the fan funded EP. it was supposed to be 2 parts if they reached a certain amount. Stuff that was supposed to be signed wasn't. And there's still people commenting on how they never got their stuff. I'd still be interested in hearing what they come up with though.

Since we're on the subject... On November 5th, Oh Sleeper made a Facebook post announcing a Texas show. In the comments they replied to someone and insinuated a new album was being worked on. I really like When I Am God and Son Of The Morning. The later stuff isn't as interesting to me. Plus, the band didn't exactly deliver 100% on the fan funded EP. it was supposed to be 2 parts if they reached a certain amount. Stuff that was supposed to be signed wasn't. And there's still people commenting on how they never got their stuff. I'd still be interested in hearing what they come up with though.

I totally know what you mean. I'm also still waiting on the supposed second part of the EP concept. I chalked it up to Shane getting that gig with Wovenwar. Once he got in with that, all activity with OS just completely stopped.

I saw Haste the Day open a show once. The vocalist was like "If anyone wants to talk about Jesus we'll be at the merch table" Sold out show. Dead silence until some dude just says "No." He didnt shout. just said it loud enough to be heard.

Hahahaha, that is hilarious.

Oh good. I loved that cover. Would be nice for some clarification from someone who maybe picked up the white.

For me, Oh, Sleeper seems like the only "logical" band to do next. I think they were pretty successful with SS, and they seem to be on par with the releases so far. Who knows though.

I agree/hope you're right. I'll take any of their albums on wax. (I missed out on the kickstarter Titan 7", but $30+ for a 7" was a bit much)

I saw that tour they have so maybe that means more activity in the future