OPEN LETTER TO VC.

Satan

oh no! ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT IM REFERRING TO. go back to your studies.

Look, man, I really didn't want to get involved with this thread, but I felt the need to after reading the last few posts. What the fuck has Dom done to piss you off? So what if he's a newer user than you? He doesn't complain about people flipping, he doesn't complain about corner dings or whatever the fuck you're on about. He jokingly complained about $2 in the Teen Suicide thread and all of a sudden people are up in arms, while he just laughs along with it.

I won't say he's representative of all of VC's newer userbase--because he isn't--but for you to call him out specifically and say he's the kind of person you're complaining about is just flat out stupid and misinformed in judgement. 

And another thing, making references to people's ages. He's one of them, and I'm one of them. It was cute at first, but seriously, I get it. I'm younger than most people on VC. So is he. Who the fuck cares? Guess I'd better "go back to my studies" or something.

We're in the middle of a "vinyl resurgence" or "bubble" or whatever you want to call it. It's a fad. It's "cool" again. Lots of new members are going to swarm the boards at a time like this, and that's expected. I'm not going to tell you not to complain about it, but I will tell you that it won't change anything about the current userbase, and it's somewhat hypocritical for you to be complaining at all, considering you're on about about other people complaining. VC used to be a much better place--cool! If it's established that this won't go back to the way it was, why do you bother sticking around? Not trying to tell you to leave, but why do you stay on the board if you seem to be so pissed about it all the time?

Look, man, I really didn't want to get involved with this thread, but I felt the need to after reading the last few posts. What the fuck has Dom done to piss you off? So what if he's a newer user than you? He doesn't complain about people flipping, he doesn't complain about corner dings or whatever the fuck you're on about. He jokingly complained about $2 in the Teen Suicide thread and all of a sudden people are up in arms, while he just laughs along with it.

I won't say he's representative of all of VC's newer userbase--because he isn't--but for you to call him out specifically and say he's the kind of person you're complaining about is just flat out stupid and misinformed in judgement.

And another thing, making references to people's ages. He's one of them, and I'm one of them. It was cute at first, but seriously, I get it. I'm younger than most people on VC. So is he. Who the fuck cares? Guess I'd better "go back to my studies" or something.

We're in the middle of a "vinyl resurgence" or "bubble" or whatever you want to call it. It's a fad. It's "cool" again. Lots of new members are going to swarm the boards at a time like this, and that's expected. I'm not going to tell you not to complain about it, but I will tell you that it won't change anything about the current userbase, and it's somewhat hypocritical for you to be complaining at all, considering you're on about about other people complaining. VC used to be a much better place--cool! If it's established that this won't go back to the way it was, why do you bother sticking around? Not trying to tell you to leave, but why do you stay on the board if you seem to be so pissed about it all the time?

No, I'll say it. Leave. And take your group of people who feel the need to rip on new members just for being new. If they contribute, they're just as good as you. If they don't constantly go around preaching on their high horse and stirring shot and contribute, they're better than you. Age doesn't mean shit if they're a contributing member. I don't see you running something like Dom's international @ cost thing, what is it that makes you better, anyway? I'm not posting anymore because all you want is to create drama and I will not contribute. I've said my peace and won't be baited into making an ass of myself. This isn't high school, we aren't freshmen, you aren't a senior, so you can quit trying to "haze" all the new guys.

I don't think anyone had positive karma on the Proboards version of VC. I remember when Kriss Stress and his wife joined and tried to make VC this super posi punx place and they had the only positive karma out of anyone on the board. So I smited both those accounts every chance I got to restore order, and he ended up quitting the board and making his own board because of it. VC sucked in the old days, it sucks now, it will probably always suck. Just like everything else.

This is pretty good. I like this.

I wasn't around for the glory days so I can't speak to that.

I can say that the price expectations around here are a bit whack. Sometimes it's fine, and someone wants to let go of a valuable item because they need money right now or they simply didn't enjoy it and everybody feels good about it, rainbows and puppies and whatever. And sometimes people offer a flat 20 bucks for a mint /100 special-ass never played splatter imported from Sweden that was 60 at cost four years ago, and it's obvious that either people deliberately do not check common pricing, or they're thinking it's VC so it's gotta be cheapish. The primary reason to buy something is to listen to it, that I will not argue, but there's special versions for the collectors and sometimes you gotta cough up.

New members racking up 13,000 posts in a matter of months is somewhat concerning, simply because I doubt that 'contribution' is what's happening there.

I give kudos to Satan for speaking his mind. Sometimes it feels like the, uh, VC cred or whatever is too highly regarded and it's difficult to be completely honest without people jumping on the downvote wagon.

Also, yeah, the teen punk emo junk is kind of boring, just because that's what most people seem to be concerned with. I know better than to try and make threads about most other genres, because it feels like there won't be any response.

I don't think anyone had positive karma on the Proboards version of VC. I remember when Kriss Stress and his wife joined and tried to make VC this super posi punx place and they had the only positive karma out of anyone on the board. So I smited both those accounts every chance I got to restore order, and he ended up quitting the board and making his own board because of it. VC sucked in the old days, it sucks now, it will probably always suck. Just like everything else.

All I'm hearing is the old boards were better because everyone was a prick to each other. Sounds like great community. We're shitty now because people are more friendly and only Satan and company are pretentious pricks.

Seriously done posting, he posted this just to bait me, told me he was going to in a PM.

All I'm hearing is the old boards were better because everyone was a prick to each other. Sounds like great community. We're shitty now because people are more friendly and only Satan and company are pretentious pricks.

Seriously done posting, he posted this just to bait me, told me he was going to in a PM.

This thread isn't about you. Ease up, son.

Forums always glorify the past. They all have their "glory days." I doubt everyone were just pricks to each other, they probably just had tougher skin. Sometimes it's relieving not to have to be sensitive to everyone's viewpoints all the time. 

posting in epic thread.

In all seriousness though, the elitism that plagues this board is borderline unbearable. Oh you have 5,000 posts on a forum? cool, but that doesn't give you a reason to treat new members like shit. Also if you don't dig something, why waste your time ragging on the album/artist and the people who do?

/rant

Things will never go back to the old way because there's too much threat of banning if you say/do anything. Even when I joined I used to have fun, but so many hot topic kids got so upset that I .gif bombed their thread that I caught a bad case of the ban hammers.

Karma points was awesome. Didn't people figure out a way to bump them up through some technology shits? There is some stupid shit on VC, but I have seen that come and go on Proboards and here. There are always dipshits on here and in the real world. I just wouldn't worry too much about it, even when a doofus is whining about his Deafheaven record being a little off on the color description. It's frickin' funny to me. We are record collectors which automatically makes us dorks, even though some of us try to make believe that we're cool. YAY for dorks!

cry louder manchild, maybe someone on the Internet will care about what you're saying

also way to be a hypocrite, as much as that dude Kess sucked, you were always harassing him, but all of a sudden you're on his side?

How is he on Kess' side? Kess (tied with elasalle) is/was the worst member of this board and pretty much the prime example of everything Satan is talking about.

Things will never go back to the old way because there's too much threat of banning if you say/do anything. Even when I joined I used to have fun, but so many hot topic kids got so upset that I .gif bombed their thread that I caught a bad case of the ban hammers.

The Ultimate Warrior vs. Hulk Hogan promo battle in the Blink thread is still a personal highlight of VC for me.