OPEN LETTER TO VC. "Real Talko: The No Taco Left Behind Campaign"

you must try, and chorizo is wonderful but everyone is so damn health conscious they are hard to find and must be homemade it seems. I want a taco with 50g of saturated fat dammit

There is a taco truck here in Birmingham called Los Dos Hermanos that has amazing chorizo, Cow brains & tongue tacos, al pastor....:333

There is a taco truck here in Birmingham called Los Dos Hermanos that has amazing chorizo, Cow brains & tongue tacos, al pastor....:333

The cabesa they serve is face meat, I thought? Either way it's delicious. I think Gordo's still has the best Al Pastor in town, Mi Pueblo best Lengua in town....Los Dos Hermanos only place in town I've found cabesa though. Los Dos Hermanos truck was featured in an NPR story. RR took DeathCabForCutie there last time they were in town. Los Dos Hermanos is hands-down my favorite truck in town...the only thing I miss about living right off of Greensprings is the food

also I've been told by a few people El Girasol is better than anywhere else in town...though its closer to me than any mentioned, I still haven't made it in there

The cabesa they serve is face meat, I thought? Either way it's delicious.

Hmm, not too sure man. I know my girlfriend had a cow tongue torta...fucking huge sandwich. First time I went there I got two carnitas and two Al Pastor... I'm a tiny guy and they fill em up; I was full past dinner haha.

My girlfriend wouldn't leave me alone for the last couple weeks over where we're going to go eat dinner on her birthday so I literally screamed in her face I WANNA GO EAT TACOS and she loves the idea so we're gonna drive like an hour to the nearest place and eat tacos. I'm in happy anticipation already.

My girlfriend wouldn't leave me alone for the last couple weeks over where we're going to go eat dinner on her birthday so I literally screamed in her face I WANNA GO EAT TACOS and she loves the idea so we're gonna drive like an hour to the nearest place and eat tacos. I'm in happy anticipation already.

Nothing like figuring out how to get a birthday gift for yourself as well... Good work! Enjoy those tacos :)

My girlfriend's 30th was this past week. We went to Mi Pueblo (see above) for Tacos and Tres Leche

Where is Mi at, Birdwell?

Mu Pueblo has a couple of locations, the only one (to my knowledge) inside BHam Proper is on Green Springs next to K-Mart where Food World used to be. Right down from Red Bowl/Asian Supermarket (who does DimSum on the weekends!!!) It's a giant supermarket chocked full of different ethnic food stuffs and in the back they have a buffet or counter to order from. I know you said your small and don't eat a ton, you and your lady need to split a Hureche from there, go down the soda aisle and grab something wild and hit up the far side wall (right side when you walk in) and go crazy on that panaderia. They also have an entire aisle of Mexican style prayer candles.

Mu Pueblo is one of my favorite places in the city. It's where we do Cinco de Mayo because we're the only Gringos in there and nobody is acting like an asshole....just another day for them...aaaaand the food is supreme.

So many awesome taco trucks and taquerias here in BHam....no clue how places like Accupolco and Los Amigos and the like stay open. Give me street tacos and a Mexican Pepsi in a glass bottle over shitty fork and knife burritos and bs margaritas any day of the week

20151107_125408_zps9j5j1ypg.jpg

Got to break bread with the greatgreenone so naturally it was over tacos

Had a very enjoyable time meeting my Liege this afternoon for some filling grub and some relaxing conversation. Looking forward to the next time! 

download_zpsio6qemqw.jpg

omg so jealous of your awesome taco hangs! nothing like some tacos to bring folks together. brings a tear to my eye and a rumble to my tummy.