PO: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Greatest Hits (Silver 2LP) - 2/19/16

gmoney

Which greatest hits......they have a couple? 

I am fairly certain this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greatest_Hits_(Red_Hot_Chili_Peppers_album)

No promises, but the silver vinyl works with that cover. 

It could be all new. I don't know for sure yet.

Will it be limited??

"2LP Limited Edition Silver Vinyl"

But limited could mean 100,000 copies. I imagine there will be a lot of these to go around though.

Interesting that only one song is from their fourth album and everything else is the fifth album on. Guess it took them a while to find their groove.

The reason for that is because their first 4 albums were released on EMI. From then onwards everything has been through Warner Bros.

When What Hits!? was released in 1992 by EMI, it was supposed to contain the biggest hits of their EMI era. But they made a deal of some sorts, that EMI could include Under The Bridge (from their Warner Bros. album BSSM) on there. In return, when Warner released a greatest hits album in future, they could use one song from their EMI catalogue, which happens to be Higher Ground.

So there ya go. But still, yea, it did take them some time before their work was roundly celebrated. But IMO from everything from The Uplift Mofo Party Plan onwards is brilliant.

RHCP are definitely a greatest hits band, but all the hits you'd want are on What Hits?.

Knock Me Down is easily their best song.

I'd have to respectfully disagree here.Their biggest hits are mostly on Californication, which is their best selling album but imo actually a pretty boring album except their hits (Otherside, Californication, Scar Tissue).

But BSSM, Mother's Milk, By The Way and Stadium Arcadium all have great songs on there which aren't 'hits'. I mean, Dosed, Venice Queen, Don't Forget Me, Wet Sand, Make You Feel Better, Hard To Concentrate, Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Subway To Venus... All of them are great.

I understand music is subjective but if you haven't listened to these songs/albums, give it a go!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...