Pre-order for Boston post-rock outfit I/O's debut album "Saudade" on 180g clear vinyl is now up!!!!

If you like post-rock, this stuff is necessary. These guys have written some brilliant material, and are financing this release all on their own.

You can stream the whole album for free right now. My favorite tracks are "Twins", "Input/Output" and probably "Noise Floor".

http://iomusicofficial.bandcamp.com/

Yeah, the timeline sucks, but what can you do. They're an independent band putting out a small vinyl press. I don't care how long it takes. Well... I do, but... the music is awesome enough that it's worth the wait.

You check the music out?

I'm not personally concerned about the timeline, just relevant information for those that may be interested in picking this up.

There were a couple of stand-out moments, but as an entity it was mostly 'meh' for me.

Just watched the video, and that didn't sell me either.

pretty solid, standard fare instrumental postrock:

listened two times through, while putting my FS/FT thread up. My ears hear Waking Season, B sides... with a splash of Tides Of Man and a short section which sounded like toe.

Interesting, I don't really get a Caspian vibe from them at all.

The way I most conceptualize them is as a clean-tone version of Sleepmakeswaves. They have that riff-oriented foundation, whereas Caspian is like a big swelling swarm of emotion and waves of sound.

The thing I love about them is the guitar hooks they come up with... like that section in "Twins", and the melody in "Noise Floor." Things that just get stuck in your head, for you to grab onto as a listener.

This song isn't on the album but it's fucking awesome:

In the midst of listening to this album.  I'm digging it.  Nothing show-stopping, but it's solid.

Gumbo,

I think you'd enjoy the band Man Is Not a Bird.  I get a lot of the same vibes from this band as I do them.  A bit more shoegazey at times, and there are some vocals mixed in.  But I'd say give them a try if you never have.  They have a Bandcamp page.  manisnotabird.bandcamp.com  This I/O album sounds a lot like Restlessness.

In the midst of listening to this album.  I'm digging it.  Nothing show-stopping, but it's solid.

Gumbo,

I think you'd enjoy the band Man Is Not a Bird.  I get a lot of the same vibes from this band as I do them.  A bit more shoegazey at times, and there are some vocals mixed in.  But I'd say give them a try if you never have.  They have a Bandcamp page.  manisnotabird.bandcamp.com  This I/O album sounds a lot like Restlessness.

Right on thanks man, I'll check them out.

I fucking love I/O. They're one of my favorite post-rock bands. Its really about the guitar hooks, like that riff that opens "Twins", and the melody hook in "Noise Floor".

I also love how prominent the bass player is in the mix, the dude can really play. And he's got a great tone.

If this sounds anywhere near as good on vinyl as the mix does on headphones, this is going to be a titanic release. I was truly blown away on my bike ride the other day when I had this plugged in with some good headphones via the bandcamp app.

I've had this album on my phone for awhile and haven't ever listened to the whole thing. What I've heard has been great though. Not sure I'll pick up the vinyl though.

Come on man, it's only $20 and its 180g clear!  I wish they did a splatter, but i'm not going to complain.  This music is going to fucking DESTROY on vinyl.  

• 3 months later...

After listening to this a handful of times in the last months, digging it a lot, today I preordered a copy and asked the band if they have news about the shipping date (around april on their bandcamp). They got back saying that they should start shipping in mid may and they confirmed it will be on 180g clear vinyl with standard cover. They're also recording new songs for a new album, and they would like to have it out around fall.