PO Feeler: Envy on the Coast (EOTC) Vinyl Bundle

I know this will probably upset some people- but this is simply a feeler.

To many including myself this vinyl set is mythological, and unobtainable.

For those who may be confused I'm referring to the 3 LP collection released by Photo Finish Records consisting of:

Lucy Gray (Blue) , LOWCOUNTRY (White), Envy on the Coast (Green)

To be clear-I do not work for Photo Finish and am not part of the band.

That being said:

I want to get an idea if people would actually preorder a re release of this vinyl set at $75-$100 a set.

I am currently working on making any move I can to get this rerelease to happen and I thought this may be the next step; any and all support is appreciated.

This came about because I'm tired of people exploiting the rarity of these vinyl for ridiculous money on eBay etc.

I don't want to wait for a special record day rerelease where 250 people got up and camped out first to buy stuff they're just gonna resell for stupid amounts, just to leave those of us who have been searching it out still empty handed.

SO

I understand that EOTC is not opposed to a rerelease, but the label is the determining factor as to when that could or would happen.

Before I reach out to the label (again), I would like to have an idea of how much interest there is and how much money they could realistically rake in for a rerelease.

If you honestly would preorder a set of these or know people who would show them this post.

Comment with something as simple as:

"Would preorder X amount" at $75/set

I would personally order two just to have one mint and one to play regularly but maybe that's just me.

If we get enough attention maybe PhotoFinish will see this and consider it sooner.

Here's hoping

Um, $75-100 for a 3LP set? No thanks. I'll pay at most $50, because more than that is just inflated prices. We're talking about 2 albums and a 5 song EP. I wouldn't even care if they were colored or black. These are records that came out so long ago, I've completely forgotten about them at his point. I support this, but to me your suggested price is an exploitation. If they came with demos or whatever? Then sure, that price might be worth it. Also not trying to sound like a huge prick, I just don't understand how you arrived at $75-100. So to comment correctly:

I would pre order 1 at $50.

I get where you're coming from and my pricing was solely based on the price of the original set, and yes I do want them for cheaper but $75 is reasonable for the set compared to the prices people ask now. (And that's only $25 per vinyl which is not all that abnormal for colored vinyl). $50 would be awesome, but I also do not know what the set came with originally or anything like that. Thanks for your input, but again it is a feeler and I'm just a guy like everyone else so making this happen will not be as easy as if I were part of the label or something. I posted this for input and I appreciate the feedback- Keep in mind I am not the enemy though.

I am also sure that the label is only concerned with making money, not that we as consumers get what we want at a reasonable price. More than anything I want this set and I would pay $75 maybe more depending if it came with digital downloads/stickers/a shirt/poster etc.

A special, *limited edition $75 preorder bundle package consisting of the entire EOTC catalog on separate colored vinyl LP’s, includes the following:
Limited edition LOWCOUNTRY in titanium white colored vinyl
Limited Edition LUCY GRAY in thalo blue colored vinyl
Limited Edition Envy On The Coast EP in hunter green colored vinyl
LOWCOUNTRY physical CD
LOWCOUNTRY digital album download
Advanced download of the track “Headfirst in the River” available on March 2nd
EOTC Signed Thank You card from the band
**this vinyl preorder package is a limited edition run limited to 250 orders**

nothing out of the ordinary. just the vinyl and a signed thank you card

Meh, based on my search for the past year or two it seems like everyone would wanna help at least by saying "hey lets do this I would order one" but I guess not as many people care that much. I literally got a message from the band saying:

Hey [iCEClownfishWok], eventually we will do a re-release but it's really up to Photo Finish records as to when that can happen. You should maybe shoot them an email and see what happens. Cheers brother.

-Brian

So yeah the band is not opposed, so maybe I can solo this and get the label motivated? We'll see.

I tried emailing photo-finish some time ago, they don't even respond. And I'm certainly not saying you can't make it happen, I've just seen threads like this come and go with nothing to show for it. You know? I want it more than anything, but I am just one man, fat enough to count as two.

Definitely in for a re-release of EOTC vinyl.

The last two I saw on ebay went for 160 and 275, and I ain't about that life.

I'm pretty sure the $75 price tag is because that's what the bundle originally sold for.[/quoted]

The most recent listing I saw on eBay went went for close to $700 for all three. Couldn't believe it.