PO: The 1975 new album and UK Presale access

According to this email I just got from The 1975/Dirty Hit, their new album is available for preorder (from the UK only, currently) and preorders get access to UK tour date presale.

Preorder Link:

I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it

Turr Dates:

March 2016 

Monday 7 - London - O2 Brixton Academy
Tuesday 8 - London - O2 Brixton Academy
Wednesday 9 - London - O2 Brixton Academy
Sunday 13 - Manchester - O2 Apollo 
Monday 14 - Manchester - O2 Apollo 
Tuesday 15 - Manchester - O2 Apollo 
Friday 18 - Glasgow - O2 Academy 
Saturday 19 - Glasgow - O2 Academy 
Tuesday 22 - Birmingham - Barclaycard Arena

The new album has a really long annoying title and the new single was pretty derivative (Bowie called, you guys...) so I'm nervous it might be a not so awesome time to be a '75 fan but I'll follow them on the path and see where it leads -- hoping for, at the very least, not disappointment.

I actually really am enjoying the new song. Prefer their last album of course more than the single - but I have high hopes for this record and there is a lot of hype surrounding their new tour. After seeing them live it made me like their album more.

I am holding out for a US preorder for that boxset because $175 CAD is a little too much for me.

i am missing their vibe circa the ep's they did before the last full length and hope they at least don't completely abandon their melodic, anthemic choruses completely in favor of this new club/pop direction. I can get down with some Love Me- and MONEY-esque jams as long as they still do big ballads and such like Settle Down, Robbers, etc. 17 tracks is a lot of space to hopefully still have a broad spectrum of songwriting represented, so we'll see what happens. 

I'm in for the box set regardless bc i'm still currently quite the sucker for this band.

New song was good for me... was a mix between Girls, M.O.N.E.Y, and a new vibe... after seeing the video, I officially fell in love.

Hate the new song. Makes sense since I prefer their slower, interlude sound from the EPs (Facedown, HNSCC, Intro/Set3, etc.).

I don't hate the new song, but I don't love it either. It was very bleh to me.

Didn't like whatever he was doing to his voice either.

• 2 weeks later...

Hate the new song. Makes sense since I prefer their slower, interlude sound from the EPs (Facedown, HNSCC, Intro/Set3, etc.).

Intro/Set3 is sooooooo good though, one of my favourite songs.

I think there is going to be a US preorder early next week by the sounds of it + there will be a Canadian tour next yr for sure which I am really looking forward to. Hopefully they still stick to smaller venues this time around, but might be hard with their new visual setup.

• 2 weeks later...

yep. The deluxe was $142 with shipping to NY. After Euro to USD conversion, it would've been $82 USD plus shipping if I could have ordered it from Dirty Hit in the UK instead. I feel robbed ("Robbers" maybe was a foreshadowing title borne of self-awareness of the pricing on this new album?)

Oh well. I found live videos of 4 other new album songs with very good audio on a setlist.fm page for their 11/28 date in Manchester and i LOVE THEM. So much better than "Love Me." So I'm all in. 

Here's a link if anyone wants to check those other songs out. FYI it's the same songs they've posted imagery of handwritten lyrics for via twitter.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-1975/2015/manchester-academy-manchester-england-5bf29bd0.html

I haven't been very impressed with either of the singles yet.

The first was alright and I can't get into UGH! at all.

The two new singles are very different, both from each other, and from what the band has done previously. I posted a Setlist.fm link a while back (in this thread) that has some live videos showcasing 4 other songs that sound much more like what was on the last album. I think it's cool they're trying new things; 17 songs gives them the room to and still have "safe" songs that are also good (like those 4 live ones, in my opinion).

Personally I think UGH! is amazing, but I get that not everyone wants to hear The '75 doing R&B. 

The two new singles are very different, both from each other, and from what the band has done previously. I posted a Setlist.fm link a while back (in this thread) that has some live videos showcasing 4 other songs that sound much more like what was on the last album. I think it's cool they're trying new things; 17 songs gives them the room to and still have "safe" songs that are also good (like those 4 live ones, in my opinion).

Personally I think UGH! is amazing, but I get that not everyone wants to hear The '75 doing R&B. 

I have no problem with bands trying new things, in fact more should. I just haven't got into this quite yet. 

Like I said the first was alright, not mind blowing or anything. The second just hasn't sparked an interest.

I'll check out that setlist

Since they released UGH!, I think this album has become my most anticipated for next year. I mean I still listen to the self-titled regularly. One of my favorite albums to be released in the last couple of years. I'm very excited for this release.

But I still won't drop $40 on a vinyl copy of it. Also, weren't the copies pink originally? Now I'm reading clear.