PO: SRC - Blink 182 Tapes (S/T, Enema, Dude Ranch & MTTS)

It sounds like we need more variants and more reissues of the new cool hip thing, TAPES!

Basically!

I've limited a lot of my new purchases on vinyl because of the escalating prices. I understand the limited availability compared to the CD format plays a role, but in the example of the upcoming Coldplay album next month, a $17 difference between CD and record isn't justifiable to my bank account. I'm not a Coldplay fan, but that's the most recent example I've seen. I've also made a note to look up how the album was recorded and, if it's a remaster, what the source material is. I enjoy records for more than just the sound, but the music is always priority and when most new releases come with a digital download I'll typically go for the cheapest option.

Cassettes are for the shit you can't afford to put on vinyl.

This exactly, only add "and don't want to wait around for 6-8 fucking months for it to happen." The entire reason I started doing a tape label in addition to my usual money waster. Also, going the complete opposite direction by only putting out NEW EXCLUSIVE MUSIC on cassette instead of re-issuing dumb old stuff. 

• 4 weeks later...

Gotcha. Media mail where I live is like $3 so I wasn't sure why slow shipping was so much for a lightweight item.

I'm not really bothered by a cassette costing $12. In the 80s a tape was maybe $8 and adjusted for inflation that's like $18. So if there's demand for tapes again, $12 is a fair price.

You're correct. The $5 charge is above the $2.80-$3.20 base cost for USPS Media Mail. There could be any number of reasons why they charge $5, from the inclusion of handling/packaging costs to a needed flat rate for their internal database/e-commerce's shipping rate calculator. It's not always a greedy band or label up charging you by $1.75 (not that this was your insinuation).