White Zombie - It Came From N.Y.C. 5LP + Book Box Set

15 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

Yeah man, what's the deal. Do we need to send an email? I paid extra for a /250 GITD variant, not a /320 translucent green.

The guy at Numero today in an email told me this when I asked if these new ones that were put up were the same as the original 250 and if it was GID:

It's the same. No glow in the dark vinyl was ever made.  None of the toxic green vinyl is glow in the dark.

Did it ever say it was GID on the website?  I thought I remember seeing that somewhere, but it may have been a random site that thought it was GID?

Just now, jhulud said:

The very original listing when most of us ordered said it was glow in the dark toxic green. It's not showing now on the site. Did we just take a group trip down some alternate reality?!?! 

I thought I remembered the original listing saying 'Toxic GID Green' or something.  Regardless, it looks like no GID were ever made.  I wonder what their explanation is then for having up like that on the site originally? 

29 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

It most certainly claimed GITD on the site originally. 

I feel like NG pulled a fast one on us. Pay extra for limited to 250 GITD, "Oh wait, here's 70 more copies, and by the way, theyre just translucent green."

Is Numero supposed to just huck 70 copies of a fuckin' box set in the trash? Your most limited variant pissing match is ridiculous. 70 more people are stoked to have that variant, compared to maybe 20 assholes who got pissed about an overage. 

I think it was Sean Yseult who claimed this to be GITD (and it was posted here): https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpermalink.php%3Fstory_fbid%3D10153549565409790%26id%3D37554284789

HihS4dT.png

I don't remember seeing GITD mentioned at NG's site... I'm actually really happy, definitely sounds better!

Although I was looking forward to it being GITD if it truly was intended to, I'm very happy with it being this translucent "toxic green" as it is. It fits better the overall aesthetic of the box set and also it's pretty thick to be regular ol' standard weight vinyl. So that's an added plus in my book.

Now to continue waiting for NG to respond to my communication on my damaged box.

40 minutes ago, jsusi said:

I think it was Sean Yseult who claimed this to be GITD (and it was posted here): https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpermalink.php%3Fstory_fbid%3D10153549565409790%26id%3D37554284789

HihS4dT.png

I don't remember seeing GITD mentioned at NG's site... I'm actually really happy, definitely sounds better!

Just one of those cases where the band has half a clue what's going on with their shit being pressed. Pretty common. The Lucero merch girl has been telling me for two years that they're waiting on a repress of the live album. It's available on Amazon...

14 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Is Numero supposed to just huck 70 copies of a fuckin' box set in the trash? Your most limited variant pissing match is ridiculous. 70 more people are stoked to have that variant, compared to maybe 20 assholes who got pissed about an overage. 

I'm not necessarily pissed. I just feel misinformed. I think it's great some others got to grab a copy. This is a really high quality box. The book is incredible.

13 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Just one of those cases where the band has half a clue what's going on with their shit being pressed. Pretty common. The Lucero merch girl has been telling me for two years that they're waiting on a repress of the live album. It's available on Amazon...

J remastered the albums and they added stuff to the book. Pretty sure that's hardly clueless. You do realize that only a small percentage of people care about variants. 

Numero puts alot of effort into their releases to do it right and they do. Sorry this music won't look cool next to your blacklight poster in your parents house but the intention of music and the effort put into this isn't over whether the vinyl glows in the dark

1 minute ago, youspinmeround said:

Sorry this music won't look cool next to your blacklight poster in your parents house but the intention of music and the effort put into this isn't over whether the vinyl glows in the dark

I never said anything about it glowing or not, dawg. That would be vinyl addict. I was defending the fact that Numero put the extras up for sale.

55 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Emailed NG this past Saturday about the damage to my box. No response. Getting disappointed in them. -_-

Did anyone who ordered this not get some degree of corner damage?

My copy has some "crushing" but I think I can live with it - it's only the outer box, afterall.

But looking at the packing material and how heavy the box is, it's difficult to imagine anyone would have received it without some level of damage. 

Well...mine was packaged just in the box w/o any packing material/padding...hence suffering from crushed corners. I could live with it...sure...but for the price paid...I'd expect better care and condition to be received in. Does that make me sound entitled? I'm sure some will think so...but hell, I mentioned in my email to NG that I'd be willing to even pay for a new storage box.

17 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Well...mine was packaged just in the box w/o any packing material/padding...hence suffering from crushed corners. I could live with it...sure...but for the price paid...I'd expect better care and condition to be received in. Does that make me sound entitled? I'm sure some will think so...but hell, I mentioned in my email to NG that I'd be willing to even pay for a new storage box.

Im sure they can send you box #321...