Copper "Drag Queen" is the best Emo album of all time

it is ok, but imo a far cry from the best. that indian summer album is leaps and bounds ahead, i think. white birch ep by codeine is also a contender.

White Birch is an album and isn't emo, haha.

It's pretty terrific. I'm on that Rainer Maria marathon still. To Ronnie - I have never heard The Anniversary album so I'll give it a go.

Oh, you are most definitely in for a treat, my friend. Do yourself a favor and look up the song "All Things Ordinary," you will not regret it.

On my fourth straight listen of RM "a better version of me". It's so much better than I remember. It was totally the victim of how special Look Now was in my life.

They've been playing out again - I need to make a point of going. I always adored seeing them.

Seriously one of the best bands live. Cake passed around... coffee... portrait photos with band members during songs...

Did you ever hear Caithlin's solo albums?

Indian Summer also had an EP and 3 splits in the studio; the only album that they released was a live album.

petty details, friends. codeine is oft considered slow core, but imo that is a bullshit/not real genre, so ive always considered codeine an emo band. honestly not that much of a stretch. also the indian summer album i was referring to was the compilation of the previously mentioned 3 splits.

i guess none of this is really surprising though considering what bands are being brought up in the other emo thread lol

petty details, friends. codeine is oft considered slow core, but imo that is a bullshit/not real genre, so ive always considered codeine an emo band. honestly not that much of a stretch. also the indian summer album i was referring to was the compilation of the previously mentioned 3 splits.

i guess none of this is really surprising though considering what bands are being brought up in the other emo thread lol

Just clarifying... Indian Summer is a favorite of mine.

great record, but you are all incorrect.  The Anniversary "Designing a Nervous Breakdown," is by far the greatest of the genre

Listening to this record for the first time now, and it's pretty damn good.

I went back to "Look Now Look Again" today. My Rainer Maria phase is over for now.

This is an old friend of mines band. Listen all the way. It is brilliant. Heartbreaking. Beautiful. If you don't know Moonraker I say rip this and be a happier person for it (It is all OOP so ripping to me is alright)

https://youtu.be/PM4i1vkCkeE

(Note: I can't get it to post embedded. I suck.)

Since this thread might appreciate it. I just inherited two Antioch Arrow LPs, an Angelhair LP, and a DM3/Hope Springs Eternal/Moonraker split 7". 

Means a lot to hold these but man the packaging alone is art. I love how these labels and bands wanted people to know they touched literally every record they sold. 

great record, but you are all incorrect.  The Anniversary "Designing a Nervous Breakdown," is by far the greatest of the genre

yesyesyes. 15 years later and I still listen to this album almost weekly in my car, srsly. Even beyond The Anniversary, Josh Berwanger's career is a fuckin force to be reckoned with.