over 100 reported killed by terrorists at Eagles of Death Metal show in Paris

Tardcore

Does anyone else wish there was this much outpouring of support for those killed in other terrorist attacks in other areas of the world?  I think its important to realize that terrorism happens every day across the globe.  Where is #prayforberuit?  Where is #prayforbaghdad?  This is not meant to minimize the horrors of what happened in Paris, but to hopefully raise awareness that just because facebook suggests to "try it", to overlay the French flag over your profile picture, but never bothers to to this for Middle Eastern/African nations who deal with terror like Paris DAILY, its just depressing...

Sadly it's the general rule of thumb to care only about richer societies where attacks like this are "unexpected." We can relate more to Paris than Baghdad or Lebanon so they get more support. It's definitely depressing, however I have noticed more positivity in general on social media (at least for me) than hateful bigoted comments so I'm surprised in that regard. I'm just scared going forward. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

i think we relate more to france because they aren't an islamic nation, not necessarily because they are a richer nation. these atrocities have been happening for a long time. the paris attacks are a good wake up call that the problems in the middle east are still nowhere close to being resolved. lebanon, syria, and iraq are at war, a largely religious war. our politicians consistently add to the conflict with foreign aid, drone strikes, ground troops, military training, etc. these are our elected officials who we voted into office. the tragedies are horrible, but i don't see the value in getting scared. i'm not sure what the solution is, but you can't sit around peacefully when there is an extremist, militant religious group running around with AK-47s and suicide bombers trying to restore the islamic caliphate.

"Iraq's Foreign Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari, also told journalists in Vienna on Sunday that Iraqi intelligence agencies had obtained information that some countries would be targeted, including France, the United States and Iran, and had shared the intelligence with those countries." 
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/iraqis-say-they-warned-france-imminent-isis-attacks-just-one-day-earlier/

That's really fucking scary to me. Especially considering how close we are to the holidays. Everyone, please be careful.

Fuck. That was really hard to watch. Definitely got me tearing up.

So crazy to think I saw and talked to them all a month ago, including Nick.

I haven't listened to the band since, but I'm trying now. I don't want to let that even overtake the music, and be the thing I think about when I hear them. I've loved this band way too long to let that happen.