What are you Top 10 albums of all time?

Sad Heart

I dunno, I got pretty sick of Dookie coming on the radio at least once per car ride every car ride in the 90s AND early 2000s. They were my first concert though, I used to prefer Warning back in the day haha.

I never listened to the radio, so it was never a form of influence on my music, good or bad. I prefer 1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours, but I think Dookie would hold up better long term.

I actually have a Black Flag tattoo. I got it like 8 years ago, and it was my first. That album means so much to me.

Who doesn't like Sabbath, honestly?

That album kicks you in the deaf every single time. I will never get sick of it. One of the most solid albums ever.

Dookie was my gateway into punk, and it might be one of my top listened to albums ever. I'll never get sick of it, and I don't care how much hate they get. That album was my school soundtrack, and I still listen to it weekly.

So do I sir lol. I have a hammer smashing a clock to bits & lyrics from the song Clocked In worked into it

Whats up with kids not taking music seriously until they are 15-20? I was in my first punk band at like 12. Playing out of town shows at bars that my mom had to tag along just so I could get in to my own show when I was like 13-14. I'v had my Minor Threat/Alk3/AFI 7"s since I'v been 12-13 also. Step up your game 20th century children.

I bolded an important thing. Parenting now is handing them the tablet or smart phone. My dad took me to my first real show when I was 11 and was the person who sparked my interest. He passed not long after but the seed was planted and I'm thankful every day.

I bolded an important thing. Parenting now is handing them the tablet or smart phone. My dad took me to my first real show when I was 11 and was the person who sparked my interest. He passed not long after but the seed was planted and I'm thankful every day.

Seriously. I have a 13 year old little brother and I see the parenting shift. Sure, my mom was forced to go see my Thrice cover band play at a dive bar but who the fuck cares. She went. Parent's seem to take the easy way out and thats a huge effect on kids minds.

My son's 1st show he was 3.

We listen to records every day... it's awesome.

It's crazy to see how the tastes of different generations changes due to how they discover music. My Dad started my obsession. He isn't obsessed with music like I am, and I don' think he really had the intention of me going all out with it, but he, as you said, planted the said. It started with the classics: Beatles, Stones, SRV, Clapton, Allman Brothers, stuff like that; I just ran with it. Now every time I see him I school him on all that stuff, and he loves it. "Oh did you know that such and such from this band actually influenced that band?" I think it still takes him by surprise.

My son's 1st show he was 3.

We listen to records every day... it's awesome.

My son was 11 days old when he saw Joni Mitchell play. Seriously. Two and a half years ago we had tickets to s Joni Mitchell tribute in Toronto that she was rumoured to be appearing at. And then he was born 5 weeks early...we had the tickets so we figured we would go. My wife and I took turns wearing him.

Kid loves music. Has been to 5 or 6 music festivals, can identify many instruments on a recording, and loves Johnny Cash.

My dad was the same way, and I will be forever thankful. He would take me and my three or four best friends to shows all the time when we were 11-driving ourselves. Pantera at Towson, MxPx and RATM at 930 club. And he wasn't listening to that shit, but it didn't stop him from getting in the crowd at a Deftones or whoever show. My buddy Eric still has a Goldfinger shirt my Pops bought him at a show when we were 12 or 13.

Anyways,

The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute

Joanna Newsom - Milk Eyed Mender

Rx Bandits - And the Battle Begun

Dr. Dog - Shame Shame

Jon Brion - I Heart Huckabees

Deftones - Around the Fur

Tom Waits - Swordfishtrombone

Rage Against the Machine - Evil Empie

Fiona Apple - When the Pawn...

Pixies - Doolittle

This got really hard when I had to start picking just one album from some of these artists/bands. And now that I see it laid out I realize I don't even listen to these all that often these days, but they're definitely the foundation I always fall back on.

My son was 11 days old when he saw Joni Mitchell play. Seriously. Two and a half years ago we had tickets to s Joni Mitchell tribute in Toronto that she was rumoured to be appearing at. And then he was born 5 weeks early...we had the tickets so we figured we would go. My wife and I took turns wearing him.

Kid loves music. Has been to 5 or 6 music festivals, can identify many instruments on a recording, and loves Johnny Cash.

My son loves the Man In Black as well. Kids do love music. It's amazing to watch them.

no particular order:

this will destroy you - S/T

godspeed you black emperor - lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven

clint mansell - the fountain OST

olafur arnalds - and they have escaped the weight of darkness

sigur ros - ( )

mogwai - CODY

mono - hymn to the immortal wind

stars of the lid - and their refinement of the decline

max richter - memoryhouse

a silver mt zion - born into trouble as the sparks fly upwards

no particular order:

this will destroy you - S/T

godspeed you black emperor - lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven

clint mansell - the fountain OST

olafur arnalds - and they have escaped the weight of darkness

sigur ros - ( )

mogwai - CODY

mono - hymn to the immortal wind

stars of the lid - and their refinement of the decline

max richter - memoryhouse

a silver mt zion - born into trouble as the sparks fly upwards

i take it yuo like post roc

If it changes daily then you're missing the point, and aren't very solid in your choices. ; )

C'mon, man. Give me 10 albums that you can put on a list and go "Yeah, those are it. Those are the albums I want forever on repeat". It's meant to be challenging. If it's an album you think you might switch out for another one tomorrow, don't use it. Anyone can make 10 albums that could be changed tomorrow.

I mean c'mon, you really want to have 4 or 5 out of the 10 albums you listen to for the rest of your life be weak ass pop punk? Naaaahhhhh. You think you'll want to listen to the fucking Wonder Years when you're 40. Haha.

i havent listened to the foo fighters since I realized music existed outside of radio rock.

everyone's different.

not intending to be an ass, but if you want this to be a thread where people have discussions about their choices (as mentioned), I don't think being condescending is the best.

no particular order to this

Boston -- Boston

Outkast -- Aquemeni

Descendents -- Milo Goes To College

Wilco -- Summerteeth

The Rolling Stones -- Goats Head Soup

Bob Dylan -- Blonde on Blonde

The Murder City Devils -- In Name and Blood

David Bowie -- The Rise And Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars

Black Sabbath -- Volume IV

The Get Up Kids -- Something To Write Home About

All of these have stood the test of time for me personally

A myriad of honorable mentions I'll spare for the sake of keeping this as concise as possible

no particular order to this

Boston -- Boston

Outkast -- Aquemeni

Descendents -- Milo Goes To College

Wilco -- Summerteeth

The Rolling Stones -- Goats Head Soup

Bob Dylan -- Blonde on Blonde

The Murder City Devils -- In Name and Blood

David Bowie -- The Rise And Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars

Black Sabbath -- Volume IV

The Get Up Kids -- Something To Write Home About

All of these have stood the test of time for me personally

A myriad of honorable mentions I'll spare for the sake of keeping this as concise as possible

So much respect for Decedents. Glad to see more Dylan on here. I think choosing a favorite album by him might be the hardest because of how diverse he is. My go to is Slow Train Coming. As far as Bowie goes, I've always found it very hard to pick a favorite Bowie album too. Him and Dylan are just such chameleons. He just has so much good material to choose from. I'm curious behind your choosing of Vol. IV though. I absolutely love that album, but I'm curious to know why it beats out Master, S/T, or Paranoid.