What are you Top 10 albums of all time?

Sad Heart

Vattnet Viskar, also, kick legit ass. Settler is amazing.

I couldn't get too into Settler. Maybe I'll try it again. They kicked ass live though. It's how I found out about them. An amazing wall of noise and the vocals were on point. Their sound was just really good, too, and it was just a random bar show.

The five year thing made this very difficult because some of my favorite music has been released within the last few years. Granted, I'm also young and only been super invested in music for a short time comparatively. My eyes are still being opened to older music, and I'm welcoming it with open arms. This is in no order.

Brand New - Daisy/TDAG (It's a toss-up depending on the day)

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

Weezer - Weezer (The Blue Album)

Sigur Ros - ( )

Senses Fail - Still Searching

Pinback - Blue Screen Life (I'd put most of their discography if I could)

A Loss for Words - The Kids Can't Lose

Jimmy Eat World - Futures

The Format - Dog Problems

The Dangerous Summer - Reach for the Sun

Radiohead - OK Computer

The Smiths - The Queen is Dead

Jawbreaker - Dear You (1995)

Alkaline Trio- From Here To Infirmary (2001)

The Lawrence Arms - Apathy and Exhaustion (2002)

Against Me! - Searching For a Former Clarity (2005)

Riverboat Gamblers - To the Confusion of Our Enemies (2006)

Offspring - Smash (1994) (first CD)

Dillinger 4 - Midwestern Songs of the Americas (1998)

Hot Rod Circuit - Sorry About Tomorrow (2002)

Marked Men - Fix My Brain (2006)

Fifth Hour Hero - Not Revenge Just a Vicious Crush (2006)

I haven't listened to the most recent material by any of these bands or people, including current projects, except the Riverboat Gamblers and D4.

top 10 favorites of my life (so far.. in no particular order)

1.) Glassjaw - Worship & Tribute 

2.) Bjork - Post

3.) The Deftones - White Pony

4.) Foals - Total Life Forever 

5.) Fairweather - If They Move... Kill Them

6.) Regina Spector - Begin To Hope

7.) Incubus - Make Yourself 

8.) Kanye West - Graduation 

9) The Wonder Years - Suburbia: Ive Given You All And Now Im Nothing

10.) Weezer - Blue Album 

Honorable mention - Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness 

You're right...I should totally have taken this more seriously....

Here's my real top 10 Dave Grohl

The Wonder Years - The Upsides

Pink Floyd - The Wall

The Ataris - So Long Astoria

Blink 182 - Dude Ranch

Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake It's Morning

Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A Changin

Day At The Fair - The Rocking Chair Years

Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

Motion City Soundtrack - Commit This To Memory

The Weakerthans - Reunion Tour

POOP PVNX 4EVAAAAAAAAAA

we could totally be roommates...

as long as you only played that bright eyes record when I'm not home 

top 10 favorites of my life (so far.. in no particular order)

1.) Glassjaw - Worship & Tribute 

2.) Bjork - Post

3.) The Deftones - White Pony

4.) Foals - Total Life Forever 

5.) Fairweather - If They Move... Kill Them

6.) Regina Spector - Begin To Hope

7.) Incubus - Make Yourself 

8.) Kanye West - Graduation 

9) The Wonder Years - Suburbia: Ive Given You All And Now Im Nothing

10.)    Weezer - Blue Album 

Honorable mention - Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness 

All of that sounds like you, expect Wonderyears. That really threw me. I would thought you would pick Smashing over that album in a heartbeat.

All of that sounds like you, expect Wonderyears. That really threw me. I would thought you would pick Smashing over that album in a heartbeat.

those philly boys will always hold a special place in my heart.

i just realized I left off At The Drive In - Relationship of Command.  so ashamed of myself. 

i just realized I left off At The Drive In - Relationship of Command.  so ashamed of myself. 

I have done nothing but amend my list in my head since I posted it... there are just too many good albums to sort through.. What about Helmet? What about every other thing cool ever made??? We are doomed to go nuts as a culture if we get too into the top 10 mindstate, but this thread is so good for picking up new stuff and re-discovering stuff you had long forgotten about due to taking on so much new stuff.

You're right...I should totally have taken this more seriously....

Here's my real top 10 Dave Grohl

The Wonder Years - The Upsides

Pink Floyd - The Wall

The Ataris - So Long Astoria

Blink 182 - Dude Ranch

Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake It's Morning

Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A Changin

Day At The Fair - The Rocking Chair Years

Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

Motion City Soundtrack - Commit This To Memory

The Weakerthans - Reunion Tour

POOP PVNX 4EVAAAAAAAAAA

Glad to see that bright eyes record on someone else's list, as I feel it's pretty close to perfection

those philly boys will always hold a special place in my heart.

I have done nothing but amend my list in my head since I posted it... there are just too many good albums to sort through.. What about Helmet? What about every other thing cool ever made??? We are doomed to go nuts as a culture if we get too into the top 10 mindstate, but this thread is so good for picking up new stuff and re-discovering stuff you had long forgotten about due to taking on so much new stuff.

The funny thing for me is that top 10 was pretty easy, but having a top 25 would be infinitely harder for me. I listen to so much fucking music that even a top 50 would be challenging, but my top 10 are damn solid as my favorite so they're easier to place. Like, how would I sort out the following:

13th Floor Elevators, 65daysofstatic, Aeges, Agnostic Front, Akuma, Alexisonfire, Alice Cooper, Alice In Chains, Alkaline Trio, All Get Out, All Them Witches, Allman Brothers, Amen Ra, At The Drive In, Badbadnotgood, Bad Brains, The Band, Baroness, Beastie Boys, The Beatles, Beck, Benjamin Booker, Between The Buried And Me, Big Black, Blaak Heat Shujaa, The Black Angels, Black Flag, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Black Sabbath, Black Star, Black Tush, Black Pussy, Blackalicious, Blackout, BLCKWVS, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Blind Melon, Bloodhorse, Blueneck, Blues Traveler, Blur, Bob Dylan, Boosk, Brant Bjork, The Bronx, Buddy Guy, Bush, The Buzzcocks, Caspian, Cave In, Ceremony, Cheap Trick, Childish Gambino, Chuck & Mac, Clutch, Circle Jerks, Coheed And Cambria, Colaris, Colour Haze, Conditions, Converge, Counting Crows, Creedence, Cult Leader, Cult Of Luna, Curse The Son, D.R.I., The Damned, Danger Mouse, Danzig, The Darkness, Dave Grohl, David Bowie, Daylight, The Dead Milkmen, The Dead Weather, deadhorse, Deafheaven, Death From Above 1979, Death of Lovers, The Decendents, Del The Funky Homosapien, Deltron 3030, Desert Sessions, The Detroit Cobras, The Devil & The Almighty Blues, The Distillers, Dinosaur Jr., Dio, D.O.A., Doomriders, The Doors, D.R.I., Dr. John, Eagles of Death Metal, Earl Hooker, Earth, Earthless, Earthlings?, East of The Wall, Edgar Winter, Ef, Elder, Electric Prunes, Electric Wizard, Engine Down, Eric Clapton, Every Time I Die, The Explosion, Fall of Troy, Father John Misty, Fear, Farside, Fear Before, FIAD, Fidlar, Fireball Ministry, Fleetwood Mac, Flipper, Foghat, Foo Fighters, Foxboro Hot Tubs, Frank Turner, Fu Manchu, Fugazi, Gary Clark Jr., Gaslight Anthem, Gates, General Lee, The Germs, Ghost, Giants, Gifts From Enola, Gin Blossoms, Glaciers, Glassjaw, Gnarls Barkley, Goatsnake, Gob, God Is An Astronaut, Godspeed, Gojira, The Gories, Gorillaz, Graveyard, Green Day, The Greenhornes, Greenleaf, Grouper, Hands, Hark, Harsh Toke, He Is Legend, Henry Rollins, High On Fire, Hootie & The Blowfish, The Horrible Crowes, Horsehunter, Husker Du, If These Trees Could Talk, International Noise Conspiracy, Iron Chic, ISIS, Jack White, Jakob, James Brown, James Gang, Jawbreaker, Jeff The Brotherhood, Jets To Brazil, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmie Vaughan, Jimmy Eat World, Joan Jett, Joe Walsh, John Garcia, John Lee Hooker, John Mayer, Johnny Cash, Jonny Lang, Jonsi, Joy Division, Judas Priest, June of 44, Junius, Jurassic 5, Justin Timberlake, Kadavar, Karma To Burn, KISS, Kokomo, Kvelertak, Kyuss, Lagwagon, Lantlôs, Lavinia, Lead Belly, Led Zeppelin, Letlive, Lighting Hopkins, Little Richard, Living End, Locrain, Low, Lumbar, Magic Circle, Mammatus, Mammoth Mammoth, Mantar, Mariachi El Bronx, Mars Volta, Masters Of Reality, Mastodon, Matchbox 20, Maybeshewill, Maylene & The Sons of Disaster, MC5, The Melvins, Metz, Midtown, Mike V. & The Rats, Ministry, Minor Threat, The Minutemen, Misery Signals, Misfits, Modern Life Is War, Mogwai, Molly Hatchet, Moneen, Mono, Monobrow, Monolord, Mooseblood, Mos Def, Mothership, Motorhead, Mountain, Mountain Witch, The Movielife, Moving Mountains, Moving Sidewalks, Muddy Waters, Mudhoney, Mute Math, Mutoid Man, Naked Raygun, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, Neil Young, The Network, New Found Glory, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Norah Jones, Nothing, O'Brother, Oak, Obsidian Kingdom, The Ocean, Old Man Glood, Olten, Omega Massif, Orchid, Otis Redding, Ozzy Osbourne, Pallbearer, Palms, Paul McCartney, pavement, Pearl Jam, pg.lost, Piebald, Pink Floyd, Polaris, The Protomen, Polaris, PUP, Queen, Queens of The Stone Age, Quicksand, The Raconteurs, Radiohead, The Ramones, Ray Charles, Red Fang, Red Sparowes, The Replacements, Revolution Mother, Robert Johnson, Rod Stewart, Roky Erickson, Rollins Band, Rosetta, Roy Orbison, Rush, Russian Circles, Saaad, Salem's Plot, Sainthood Reps, Scarlet, Scream, Screaming Trees, Set And Setting, The Shaking Sensations, *Shels, Shiner, The Shrine, Shooting Guns, Shy Low, Sigur Ros, Silverchair, Sister Hazel, Sleep, sleepmakeswaves, Slint, Smashing Pumpkins, Social Distortion, Son House, Sons of Huns, The Sonics, Sound City, Soundgarden, Spiral Shades, Steve Earle, Stevie Nicks, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Stiff Little Fingers, The Stooges, The Strokes, Suicidal Tendencies, Sum 41, Sumac, Summoner, Sunny Day Real Estate, Superheaven, Supersuckers, Swans, The Sword, T-Rex, Tad, Taj Mahal, Taking Back Sunday, Talib Kweli, Tampa Red, Taylor Hawkins, Taylor Swift, Ted Nugent, Temple of The Dog, Tenacious D, Texas Hippie Coalition, Texas Is The Reason, Them Crooked Vultures, These Arms Are Snakes, Third Eye Blind, This Will Destroy You, Thisquietarmy, Thrice, Thursday, Tom Petty, Tombs, Torche, Touche Amore, Toundra, Trent Reznor, Truckfighters, T.S.O.L., Tuber, Turbonegro, Turnover, Tyler The Creator, U.S. Bombs, Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats, Unwound, Valley of The Sun, The Vandals, The Vines, Violent Femmes, The Wallflowers, Wander, Wang Wen, The War On Drugs, Weezer, Whirr, White Reaper, The White Stripes, The Who, Wilco, Willie Nelson, Windhand, Wire, Witch, Witchcraft, Wolfmother, X, Year of No Light, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

That's just fucked. And that's just the tip of the iceberg....

No order for me, but I'd go with

The Clash - London Calling

Built to Spill - There's Nothing Wrong With Love

Weezer - Blue S/T

Nas - Illmatic

Mars Volta - De-Loused

Archers of Loaf - Icky Mettle

New Order - Substance 1987

Sunny Day Real Estate - Diary

Fugees - The Score

Bowie - Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust

If release date wasn't an issue I'd have Title Fight's Floral Green on there.

No order for me, but I'd go with

The Clash - London Calling

Built to Spill - There's Nothing Wrong With Love

Weezer - Blue S/T

Nas - Illmatic

Mars Volta - De-Loused

Archers of Loaf - Icky Mettle

New Order - Substance 1987

Sunny Day Real Estate - Diary

Fugees - The Score

Bowie - Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust

If release date wasn't an issue I'd have Title Fight's Floral Green on there.

Finally some love for that album. That's in my top 25 for sure.

A top 25 would have been a lot more fun and challenging.

I don't even know if I would be able to take my top ten list to my grave, five of them, sure, maybe not all ten. I don't know. It's just albums I know that I will never grow tired of (the whole desert-island mentality) that I have been listening to consistently for years. 

Finally some love for that album. That's in my top 25 for sure.

I just recently gave Thursday, Sunny Day Real Estate and Taking Back Sunday a listen, because they get a lot of praise from people who have a similar taste like me. Didn't really like Thursday, but Sunny Day Real Estate (especially Diary) was pretty solid.

I just recently gave Thursday, Sunny Day Real Estate and Taking Back Sunday a listen, because they get a lot of praise from people who have a similar taste like me. Didn't really like Thursday, but Sunny Day Real Estate (especially Diary) was pretty solid.

Diary should be standard issue for the age of 16 through 19 to help you through High School like it did me lol