What are you Top 10 albums of all time?

Sad Heart

It's so hard to get everything awesome in such a short list but the discussion is killer. Lots of new stuff to check out as well. Seems almost ugly to have Stooges/Iggy at all with MC5 right there as well...Wayne Kramer is a fucking bad ass player

I'm spinning Raw Power right now.

Okay, here we go. This is going to be the first time that I will publicly admit that UnderOATH is no longer on my top 10 list. I always feel obliged to put them on out of respect and because they were super influential to me in my younger days, but the truth is I rarely give any of their albums a listen since my taste has evolved. Anyway, here's my best shot.

Say Anything / ...Is A Real Boy

mewithoutYou / Brother, Sister (I can never decide between this and CFUTF, but I feel like Sweater Poorly Knit has to be the tie-breaker; can't live without that song)

As Cities Burn / Son, I Loved You at Your Darkest

Brand New / The Devil & God Are Raging Inside Me

Interpol / Our Love to Admire

Norma Jean / Meridional

Emery / The Question

The Dangerous Summer / Reach for the Sun

Typhoon / White Lighter

Childish Gambino / Camp

The Chariot / One Wing

To be quite honest, I hope the day doesn't come that I no longer want to listen to Under Soil & Dirt by The Story So Far.

80% of my list I've been listening to / obsessed with for 15+ years. I don't get the whole 'I found this album a few years ago and it's in my top 10 ever list'. Especially when people change through out the years. I'm confident my list won't change for a longgggggggg time. Is there anything else on your list that you might change in 5 years? Maybe it needs some altering. ; )

Okay, here we go. This is going to be the first time that I will publicly admit that UnderOATH is no longer on my top 10 list. I always feel obliged to put them on out of respect and because they were super influential to me in my younger days, but the truth is I rarely give any of their albums a listen since my taste has evolved. Anyway, here's my best shot.

Say Anything / ...Is A Real Boy

mewithoutYou / Brother, Sister (I can never decide between this and CFUTF, but I feel like Sweater Poorly Knit has to be the tie-breaker; can't live without that song)

As Cities Burn / Son, I Loved You at Your Darkest

Brand New / The Devil & God Are Raging Inside Me

Interpol / Our Love to Admire

Norma Jean / Meridional

Emery / The Question

The Dangerous Summer / Reach for the Sun

Typhoon / White Lighter

Childish Gambino / Camp

The Chariot / One Wing

Camp actually turned 4 years old today. I might have to let it slide because it is my absolute favorite rap / hip-hop album ever. I will never never never get sick of it. God damn it's perfect.

80% of my list I've been listening to / obsessed with for 15+ years. I don't get the whole 'I found this album a few years ago and it's in my top 10 ever list'. Especially when people change through out the years. I'm confident my list won't change for a longgggggggg time. Is there anything else on your list that you might change in 5 years? Maybe it needs some altering. ; )

Live performance top 10 lists change.  It is incredibly hard to crack top 10 albums lists

Jimmy Eat World - Futures (was the first CD I ever bought, has stuck with me for almost ten years)

Circa Survive - Juturna

Balance and Composure - Separation (4 1/2 years, cut me a little slack  :P )

Dance Gavin Dance - Downtown Battle Mountain

Emery - ...In Shallow Seas We Sail

HRVRD - The Inevitable and I (this album is fucking INCREDIBLE. I catch something new almost every time I re-listen)

A Lot Like Birds - Conversation Piece 

Minus the Bear - Menos el Oso (the perfect driving album)

The Story so Far - Under Soil and Dirt (another 4 1/2 years, FIGHT me)

TTNG - Animals

Honorable Mentions (cause fuck it, as most of them aren't close to 5 years old or could edge out a couple of my top ten depending on my mood) :

Deftones - Koi no Yokan (my favorite Deftones album, but it's not even close to 5 years old, so figured I couldn't put it on the list)

The Hotelier - Home, Like NoPlace is There (only a year and a half old, but I can see this aging so well)

A Loss for Words - No Sanctuary (as far as pop punk goes, this is as good as it gets)

Weatherbox - Flies in All Directions 

In Oceans  - Earthwalker EP 

The Fall of Troy - Doppelganger

Glassjaw - Worship & Tribute (only started listening to this album this year, but WOW)

Dead Poetic - New Medicines 

La Dispute - Wildlife 

Don't worry there's an album on my list released last year (Adult Jazz). :P I stand by it, though.

If it wasn't for this board I wouldn't've found out about HRVRD. That album is definitely incredible. Was boring on the first listen, and then incredible out of nowhere.

You reminded me to make an honorable mentions list!

TFoT - Doppelgänger

Lantlôs - .neon, and Melting Sun.

Circa Survive - On Letting Go (would be on top 10 if it weren't for Juturna, for sure)

Between the Buried and Me - Alaska

I Wish My Brother Rob Was Here - milo

Mr. Bungle - Discography, honestly

Gahhhhh

In order:

1 - The Microphones - The Glow, Pt. 2 - 2001

2 - Pavement - Wowee Zowee - 1995

3 - Modest Mouse - This is a Long Drive for Someone With Nothing to Think About - 1996

4 - Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven - 2000

5 - The Wrens - The Meadowlands - 2003

6 - Archers of Loaf - Icky Mettle - 1993

7 - The Velvet Underground - White Light / White Heat - 1968

8 - of Montreal - Coquelicot Asleep in the Poppies: A Variety of Whimsical Verse - 2001

9 - Radiohead - Amnesiac - 2001

0 - Titus Andronicus - The Monitor - 2010

I feel naked now.

80% of my list I've been listening to / obsessed with for 15+ years. I don't get the whole 'I found this album a few years ago and it's in my top 10 ever list'.

I don't have a reference point! I said this in small talk. The albums I was listening to more than a few years ago I think are shit now. The albums in my list I can confidently say will stay with me. In the end, I truly, truly don't know, but it's literally what I've got for now, haha. The albums that I don't think are shit that I used to listen to still don't get listened to these days. Linkin Park, for instance. Kingdoms by Broadway is another example.

Damn, I gotta start visiting Small Talk more often. I could talk about Futures for days. It has so much depth and variety to it. It's one of the lesser known songs from it, but The World You Love hits me the exact same way 23 does you. It's hard for me to listen to that song now.

I was doing something the last 40 minutes so this is a reach back a few pages, but The World You Love is the song that hooked me into the album. I listened to it and a cold wave of emotion hit me like a fucking rock.

Current favorite is Polaris, though  :)

It's different for Chuck and me because 5 years is almost 1/3 of our lives. 

To be honest, I only started taking music seriously like a year and a half ago. I don't think anything on my list has been with me for longer than two years except TCATS, which I've known forever.

It's different for Chuck and me because 5 years is almost 1/3 of our lives. 

To be honest, I only started taking music seriously like a year and a half ago. I don't think anything on my list has been with me for longer than two years except TCATS, which I've known forever.

You're right, I should age restrict this thread.