PO: David Bowie - Blackstar - Jan. 8, 2016

gmoney

So my BN order is still being processed and talking to the customer service people, it sounds like they got overloaded with orders and the people that ordered even before the announcement might end up getting screwed over. She said they were trying to get that figured out but don't expected your record to be coming on that delivery date. Cancellations are going to be coming soon I feel.

Yeah, I ordered it from BN on Sunday evening a few hours before the news broke of his death (super random timing) and my order is still in the weird pending state, both on BN.com and Paypal. At this point it'll be a nice surprise if I get it but I'm pretty sure it's going to be cancelled. Would like to know for sure so I can hunt down a black version if that's the case.

Yeah, I ordered it from BN on Sunday evening a few hours before the news broke of his death (super random timing) and my order is still in the weird pending state, both on BN.com and Paypal. At this point it'll be a nice surprise if I get it but I'm pretty sure it's going to be cancelled. Would like to know for sure so I can hunt down a black version if that's the case.

I feel like that's a bummer honestly. You should be in the order to get the record especially if they still had it in stock. Not to mention they go ahead and pull the money from your account.

I feel like that's a bummer honestly. You should be in the order to get the record especially if they still had it in stock. Not to mention they go ahead and pull the money from your account.

I'm in the same boat, I ordered it several hours before his death.  I found a coupon and I was like pay the same price for clear? Why not? I go to bed an hour later and wake up to see the tragedy in the news and it makes this whole experience even worse.  

Anyone have a lead on the Barnes and Noble clear? Mine didn't have any yesterday and none of my buddies in various states can locate any at their B&N stores either. My reserve to three stores yesterday morning were cancelled. This sucks because I was gonna pop into B&N on Friday when it dropped but I got busy at work. Woe is me.... :(

Anyone have a lead on the Barnes and Noble clear? Mine didn't have any yesterday and none of my buddies in various states can locate any at their B&N stores either. My reserve to three stores yesterday morning were cancelled. This sucks because I was gonna pop into B&N on Friday when it dropped but I got busy at work. Woe is me.... :(

My friend in the us called 47 stores and nothing. Such a great album. It's my bad for not preordering. B and N is pretty much tapped out. One store did say they ordered 4 from the warehouse last Friday prior to the news.

I would take a clear copy in a heartbeat, however I feel grateful to just have the standard one.

Same. I'd buy a clear if it popped up, but I'm stoked on the black. Also, as I said previously, the black is 100% perfect with the art and everything. The entire thing booklet included is black on black. Not sure how the clear looks. Bought it on release day in store and figured "eh, if I feel swayed I'll pick up a clear whenever from B+N" Lolz. 

The one I ordered yesterday is still in the being processed mode. My card was charged so I contacted BN as well and they said that it probably won't be delivered at the expected delivery date but they are trying to order more copies. Not sure if that means black copies but I'm hoping I can still secure a clear one from them?