PO: David Bowie - Blackstar - Jan. 8, 2016

gmoney

Bowie actually recorded 5 more demos after this album was finished hoping to release another.. here's a good read from Tony Visconti they published Wednesday.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/david-bowie-planned-post-blackstar-album-thought-he-had-few-more-months-20160113?utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=daily&utm_campaign=011416_16&utm_medium=email

Not a huge fan of Rolling Stone (I can take it or leave it), but will most likely pick up the Bowie dedicated issue for sure.

Bowie actually recorded 5 more demos after this album was finished hoping to release another.. here's a good read from Tony Visconti they published Wednesday.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/david-bowie-planned-post-blackstar-album-thought-he-had-few-more-months-20160113?utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=daily&utm_campaign=011416_16&utm_medium=email

Not a huge fan of Rolling Stone (I can take it or leave it), but will most likely pick up the Bowie dedicated issue for sure.

I would be terrible probably asking for this, but I want to hear this material sometime in the future. Also I'm still hoping that Damon as Gorillaz had gotten Bowie in the studio especially because there were rumors of a collab for the new Gorillaz album.

Walked into my local store the other day and they had 3 copies, grabbed one and hid it in the clearance since I had about 5 dollars in my account, went back when I got paid and they sold the other two grabbed the one I hid and purchased it. Glad I did because the girl at the desk said some dude bought the 2 copies and was hoping they had more. Probably to flip.

The night of his death my friends and I were having a party and one of them had bought it and stuck it on the turntable, we were all drinking and all really enjoying the record, about an hour later my friend comes inside, turns the music down and says "Guys, Bowie just past away" it was such a horrible moment for all of us. The rest of the night was one huge Bowie playlist.

Just called about the phone order I placed a couple days ago for the clear version. He said they were still looking for a vendor that had one. The way he was talking, it sounded like more of the clear are going to be pressed.

Given the very specific numbers quoted for clear initially, I would be surprised if so, and he was probably mistaken...but anything can happen I suppose.

Given the very specific numbers quoted for clear initially, I would be surprised if so, and he was probably mistaken...but anything can happen I suppose.

not to mention there's literally no possible way that a Barnes and noble sales rep would know the label's future pressing plans.

he was probably referring to that more of the album on vinyl in general would be produced, which is a guarantee.

Its not that uncommon though, just discovered on another forum that the Music Matters jazz re-issues which are limited to 3500 copies each are pressed in multiple runs (each run is until the lacquer wears out - 1000 copies or so). If the patch sells out (might take years), they take the next lacquer and press some more.

Ok but what if the plant was running behind like always and it was almost release date? For smaller labels they just say "sorry everything is delayed" but I could see them shipping out a portion of the total pressing for a release like this.

Not saying this is what happened, just saying it doesn't sound too unrealistic.

The Barnes and Noble website said my local store had it in stock, I drove out and all 5 copies are reserved for one person. Fucking flippers. They would not even let me try to talk them into selling me a single copy. Assholes.

Cancelled my processing order cause that clear is never coming now. Time to wait for everyone to quit freaking out over the regular copies. It's crazy how people are spending/searching on those regular copies especially since it was a new record and a routine repress was already going happen no matter what. 

I just called B&N for kicks and she told me the clear was on backorder. I got a standard at my local place so I'm not too mad, but their shipping system is a bit out of whack since I definitely grabbed a copy when it was available. I'll keep the order open though.. who knows, maybe it'll show up one day.

Cancelled my processing order cause that clear is never coming now. Time to wait for everyone to quit freaking out over the regular copies. It's crazy how people are spending/searching on those regular copies especially since it was a new record and a routine repress was already going happen no matter what. 

There is no guarantee that the repress is exactly the same, anything is possible - the worst one is probably that its given to GZ and some inhouse engineer cuts this from the CD.

I still dont get how they can repress this so quickly.

There is no guarantee that the repress is exactly the same, anything is possible - the worst one is probably that its given to GZ and some inhouse engineer cuts this from the CD.

I still dont get how they can repress this so quickly.

Major label $$$, that's how.