PO: David Bowie - Blackstar - Jan. 8, 2016

gmoney

Well lets put it in the past and I apologize for my behavior, though I am really aggravated about how this situation went. I love color vinyl even though I have too many of them, it just sucks paying premium for the black when there is a chance it could drop though Ill probably buy the Uk edition for 25$ when it goes up.

My very serious suggestion is this...if you're waiting for the black copy, just listen to digital for a while and then snag a black when they drop down to ~$15 like The Next Day did. I'll never understand this infatuation of always having things the moment they come out, especially stuff that doesn't seem to be limited at all. I think I ended up paying all of $13 for a sealed, new copy of TND.

I doubt you'll be able to get it for $15 anytime soon, but once the repress ships you'll be able to find them at retail with no issue. Patience my friend.

I doubt you'll be able to get it for $15 anytime soon, but once the repress ships you'll be able to find them at retail with no issue. Patience my friend.

I agree its all about patience, its a bummer because i was hoping to enjoy this album all month. I think the repress is mid feb anyway right? I guess i could wait it out since all shipments are delayed till march anyway.

I am still scratching my head. This album was avail for preorder for weeks. 2 days after its released he dies and all of the "diehard bowie " fans are upset they didn't get the " variant".

If you are a diehard bowie fan, you don't care about the color and just want the music and probably had a copy before he died.

This thread is about as good as that Baggs pro rock thread

Just to throw my 2 cents in....

I was out of town the day after this was released and just happened to stop at a B&N to find a clear version. Bought it, took the wrapping off and threw it out, cleaned it, & played it....I'm quite morbid already but this album was just nice to hear....then I got a call the next day asking if I read the news about Bowie and was just shocked. Have spun this album at least 6 times now and appreciate how such a talented person would leave us such a beautiful gift. I think phish was the first band to introduce me to Bowie and I ate it up like gold ... Such a talent over the decades and I wish I could have seen him live more than once .... Anyways, I am glad to have this and will continue to play the shit out of it ... LOUD!

^^^^ People join this forum just for variant news. Its what people do. I cant get mad at people just discovering him or for people wanting this rare LP. Ive done it for other artists. We're all collectors. We all enjoy the hunt. I hope people enjoy the album if they ever open it.

As a collector, I don't chase something just for the chase. I buy artists/bands that I like and appreciate, not because something is rare and valuable, so I completely understand where youspinmeround is coming from

Don't mean to come off sounding like a total douchebag, but I'm contemplating framing my clear copy. I don't plan on opening it, so why not have it displayed and framed? What do you guys think? Really on the fence because I don't know if I want it just chilling in my collection or frame it and put it on a wall? Thought?

Don't mean to come off sounding like a total douchebag, but I'm contemplating framing my clear copy. I don't plan on opening it, so why not have it displayed and framed? What do you guys think? Really on the fence because I don't know if I want it just chilling in my collection or frame it and put it on a wall? Thought?

the clear wont look that cool framed

Open it and spin it. It'll sound much better that way than it will on your wall.