PO: David Bowie - Blackstar - Jan. 8, 2016

gmoney

Thanks haha. I looked at another place today and they didn't have any. I'd offer to grab one for the board but I'm pretty broke and the shop just posted a picture of them on Facebook and Instagram, so I doubt they'll have any when I pick mine up.

LL just called me. Whew! Thankful. I didn't think it would be until next week.

Still waiting for B&N to ship mine which I bought (unknowingly) less than an hour before the announcements starting happening.  I did call two local shops plus an FYE to see if they had any copies in case B&N fell through, but all were sold out.  However, both local shops said they were expecting more next week which makes me believe that another wave of copies will ship from the distributor.  I'm only assuming though, I may be completely wrong about that.

Looking for this record in stores was a pain! I found a glimmer of hope when I called B&N Victorville and they told me they had 2. I asked them to reserve one for me, and I booked it after class from Costa Mesa in traffic. 2 hours later, I arrive, 10 minutes before they close, and the woman at the counter tells me there is nothing waiting for me, and that there never was. I was so mad. 

i also ordered mine late in the game and have not received a shipping confirmation yet, so I have been watching the various 'shipping dates'  (ie: when the restocks arrive) on German sites.  The soonest I've seen is 2 - 3 weeks with the average about 3 to 4 weeks as of today, which considering just a couple days ago they all said 6+ weeks, with some saying April or May, I am guessing there has been a rush to push them out... so they are coming, no doubt about that!

Either way, i am also frustrated at the hype/rush/cash-in side of all this... of course I would like mine to show up ASAP, but in the mean time we are all able to hear the new songs in a variety of ways... not  to mention his seemingly endless other classics to hold us over... so why stress, rush, over-pay and support the douchebags that are flipping, and generally freak out about getting this on vinyl now, now, now (and who cares about a variant, I don't sit and stare at the color of the record while it plays... though a good smoke and staring at a spiraled center label can be fun).... we'll all get a copy in time, it's not like we can't enjoy the music in the interim...

Blackstar has really grown on me after a few listens... kind of like most of my favorite albums, it didn't click, until it DID click, and when it hits there's no turning back!!

Thank you David Bowie!