PO: David Bowie - Blackstar - Jan. 8, 2016

gmoney

They keep saying they're back ordered

Many others have ordered it pre monday and alot of them didn't get their copies. They oversold and are now quoting that theyre backordered. B&N customer service always bombs on things like this. Clear should have been an exclusive with another company or just record stores

I don't disagree with you, but that's how huge chains work. They don't have every copy in 1 big centralized warehouse and they aren't shipping them out one by one and crossing names off lists in chronological order.

Warehouses most likely don't even see orders that get routed to other warehouses. So, if Person A is close to Warehouse A and Warehouse A still has copies when they order, they're going to get one, even if someone ordered from Warehouse B before Person A ordered.

I agree with you that it's unfortunate, but that's the way it goes :\

Hello,

I have bad news. The vinyl version of David Bowie's album, Blackstar, is in very short supply. Unfortunately, it appears that we will not be able to fill you order for around a week and a half. It could be shorter or longer. 

I'm very sorry to make you wait. I apologize that our website told you your order would ship in 2-3 days. Unfortunately, Sony ran out and wasn't able to get us as many copies as we anticipated. I know that they were pressing more copies yesterday but it will take a while for those copies to get from the plant to Sony and then out to us. 

We will not charge your credit card until right before your order ships. Naturally, we understand if you wish to cancel your order. 

I'm very sorry about this and I apologize for the disappointment.

Thanks for understanding,
Chris

I figured that'd be the case with my Bull Moose order. Ah, well.

Local stores are still getting these so keep checking with them. I just grabbed a copy after they posted that more came in on their fb page. Still going to wait for that clear B&N, but I'm not expecting it to ship. I bought a standard from Groupon yesterday too since I figured the locals were going to be out for awhile. I'm trying to cancel, but you can only cancel 'within 2 hours' of purchasing plus the expected ship date changed to 2-3 weeks. If I can't cancel, I will sell it for cost on here for sure if anyone is still looking by then.

Careful, Randy. If you're mean to nice newjacks like idioteque you get FINAL WARNINGs!

Everyone listen to rooks. He's literally on VC all day, every day.

We're just going to start removing disruptive users who can't chill out and act like regular people on a record discussion board.

Its funny how this thread was 2 pages before his death, now it blew up with "all these longtime Bowie fans" who are only interested in a limited variant................................................................Now if only I could figure out what is going on

Its funny how this thread was 2 pages before his death, now it blew up with "all these longtime Bowie fans" who are only interested in a limited variant................................................................Now if only I could figure out what is going on

The variant hunting after his death is kinda shitty (if you really want the album who gives a shit what color it is) but it makes sense. I personally was a casual Bowie fan and looked at a few Barnes And Noble's Sunday before the news broke and couldn't find any. I was just planning on picking it up on black eventually when the price came down a little but as soon as I heard about his death it turned into a must buy album (I ordered from Bull Moose). A lot of other casual fans probably did the same