PO: David Bowie - Blackstar - Jan. 8, 2016

gmoney

What I don't get is that people are claiming there orders have been cancelled. When I spoke to B&N on the phone (tried live chat and literally got no where), they told me that as long as I personally don't cancel my order, than they won't either. They will send out emails saying it's delayed or out of print, but the woman who I spoke to said that as long as I don't cancel my order, they won't either? I have since canceled my order because I got the one from Mississippi, but just thought I would share what was told to me.

My order from Jan 10 was canceled this morning - this was after I chatted with a BN rep a few days ago who assured me my order would stay open until they had a copy for me. Oh well, I'll just grab it on black.

I hope an entire company shuts down and loads of people lose their jobs because I didn't get a record one time.

Makes sense.

What you seem to don't understand is that this is a company that has a reputation for offering bad customer service and screwing their consumers over.  They constantly ship damaged products, their stores always sell the stuff at maximum value, their customer service team isn't too bright and they know nothing about how to run a business.  Reason they've survived the book store drought? No competition.  So yeah they deserve to go out of business.  For the employees of the stores, they'll find other work and better work for better pay and for those who work at corporate, good riddance.

This is the last straw for a lot of people especially me too.  I had my copy ordered before his death and I really wanted the clear version and boom they cancel my order like they did for a lot of people

What you seem to don't understand is that this is a company that has a reputation for offering bad customer service and screwing their consumers over.  They constantly ship damaged products, their stores always sell the stuff at maximum value, their customer service team isn't too bright and they know nothing about how to run a business.  Reason they've survived the book store drought? No competition.  So yeah they deserve to go out of business.  For the employees of the stores, they'll find other work and better work for better pay and for those who work at corporate, good riddance.

This is the last straw for a lot of people especially me too.  I had my copy ordered before his death and I really wanted the clear version and boom they cancel my order like they did for a lot of people

If you've had so many troubles with them...why continue to order from them? That's what I don't understand.

If you've had so many troubles with them...why continue to order from them? That's what I don't understand.

Because they gotta have the most rare variant of this deathletter by an artist who most them then were vaguely into at best before he died.  Even though the black looks better and fits better with the overall package.

(no offence to true Bowie fans/collectors)

(I'm not a Bowie fan, I just listened to/liked this album on release day, saw there were two vinyl variants and got the one that looked better)

Because they gotta have the most rare variant of this deathletter by an artist who most them then were vaguely into at best before he died.  Even though the black looks better and fits better with the overall package.

(no offence to true Bowie fans/collectors)

(I'm not a Bowie fan, I just listened to/liked this album on release day, saw there were two vinyl variants and got the one that looked better)

Hey dumbshit, don't go making assumptions about other users when you know nothing.  I've been a Bowie fan all my life so don't say vaguely.  Second, yeah I like having the variant, it's an OCD thing and when I can get the variant for the same price I rather do that and I don't feel like paying premium for a standard black when it can drop in price any time.  

The point. Homeboy seems to be vehemently against Barnes and Noble, but he chose to order from them rather than the Bowie store.

I only made an exception because I found a decent deal for the variant, I would have bought it from a record store if I could.  The Bowie store was ridiculously expensive for a clear but if I could get the clear for a 1$ more than I'm okay with that.  

Clears were not too tough to find right away if you wanted one, could've gotten one from Bowies store too. When they were selling for like double right away a bunch of trophy collectors got interested and then when he died it went insane.

There are 5000 of these, yes it is insane now but it is going to go down dramatically.

Hey dumbshit, don't go making assumptions about other users when you know nothing.  I've been a Bowie fan all my life so don't say vaguely.  Second, yeah I like having the variant, it's an OCD thing and when I can get the variant for the same price I rather do that and I don't feel like paying premium for a standard black when it can drop in price any time.  

Hahahahaha whatever man, you're way too uptight about this.  Notice the little line under the bit that got your knickers in a twist?  I don't know anything about you, that's why I included it.

Hahahahaha whatever man, you're way too uptight about this. Notice the little line under the bit that got your knickers in a twist? I don't know anything about you, that's why I included it.

Idioteque has consistently been a turd since he joined the forum. Seems like he seriously looks for things to get knotted up about.

Idioteque has consistently been a turd since he joined the forum. Seems like he seriously looks for things to get knotted up about.

Are you kidding me? I am the turd? You know what I am not even going too because all it'll do is get this thread locked up and ruin it for others. Grow up and that same advice goes to the others who will try to carry on this petty argument.

Hahahahaha whatever man, you're way too uptight about this.  Notice the little line under the bit that got your knickers in a twist?  I don't know anything about you, that's why I included it.

But you quoted me directly so obviously it was a personal response.

Clears were not too tough to find right away if you wanted one, could've gotten one from Bowies store too. When they were selling for like double right away a bunch of trophy collectors got interested and then when he died it went insane.

There are 5000 of these, yes it is insane now but it is going to go down dramatically.

Again i stated why I didn't get it from Bowie's website and I ordered my copy a day after release thinking nothing of it.

Never said it wasn't a personal response, just that I didn't know you.

Well lets put it in the past and I apologize for my behavior, though I am really aggravated about how this situation went. I love color vinyl even though I have too many of them, it just sucks paying premium for the black when there is a chance it could drop though Ill probably buy the Uk edition for 25$ when it goes up.