PO - Foo Fighters - Saint Cecilia EP

just wanted to chime in and say lol at a song sounding like a track from One By One having an "old school Foo vibe." One By One was the beginning of the end for this band. there is nothing old school Foo about that album or any album after it.

I agree with this. While some of these songs are a little faster, this band is just writing songs to keep the toruing machine going(is Dave still milking that cast for the last 6 months?) where the money is. They have to do things like Sonic Highways documentary as artists because they are bored and know the overall songs are weak

And they should never ever re record the first album. Its perfect the way it is for time and place. You cant re write or change history

just wanted to chime in and say lol at a song sounding like a track from One By One having an "old school Foo vibe." One By One was the beginning of the end for this band. there is nothing old school Foo about that album or any album after it.

Well, that's your opinion. It has an old school vibe to me, and those are the words I chose to describe it. I didn't say it sounded like the first thing they (he) put out. I didn't say it sound liked S/T, or Pocketwatch. I said it had an old school vibe (cause that album is 13, almost 14 years old). That's almost 3/4 of the band's lifespan. One by One being the album they put a million dollars into, then scrapped, and then re-recorded has nothing to do with the reason I chose to say 'old school'. I meant it as in earlier (since that's the literal definition). Geez.

Music is personal, and subjective. I can interpret, analyze, and form whatever opinions I want about it. Doesn't mean they're going to line up with yours. Just like how a lot of people didn't like SH, and I fucking loved it. Why feel the need to be so critical?

Great EP.

Ordered from FF.com...shipping alone to Canada was $23US, meaning I paid about $40CAD for this release. Thank you to the person who bought a shitty 7" from me on Discogs yesterday and Paypal funds I didn't know I had. Otherwise, I would have been looking for this one in stores.

It's really interesting to read some of these opinions. S/T should NOT be re-recorded. It's perfect as it is. This band has never really taken risks, in my opinion, other than that first album (an argument could be made for LP 2 as well, certainly). That's not necessarily bad. I've never expected more from them. FF have always been little more than good radio-friendly alt rock. Some of it really good, some of it really not so good (I'm looking at you, Sonic Highways).

The mastering of this EP is terrible. One of the loudest I've ever heard. Check out the waveform of Savior Breath:

Hv0lt5L.jpg

Zoom out. If the wave forms were really just cut off like that it would be more noise and distortion than music.

Why feel the need to be so positive? Because opinions. Thanks for sharing yours. I am gonna continue to give mine.

I'm not saying you're wrong, or welcome to your opinion. Like I said, music is personal and subjective, but that doesn't mean you have to be rude about it is all I'm saying.

• 2 weeks later...

Great EP.

Ordered from FF.com...shipping alone to Canada was $23US, meaning I paid about $40CAD for this release. Thank you to the person who bought a shitty 7" from me on Discogs yesterday and Paypal funds I didn't know I had. Otherwise, I would have been looking for this one in stores.

Bro, cancel your order if you can. http://www.amazon.ca/Saint-Ceciilia-Vinyl-Foo-Fighters/dp/B0186J5ZKG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449598644&sr=8-1&keywords=foo+fighters+vinyl$14 CAD. Free shipping if you have prime. If you don't I imagine it'll be like 5-10$

Bro, cancel your order if you can. http://www.amazon.ca/Saint-Ceciilia-Vinyl-Foo-Fighters/dp/B0186J5ZKG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449598644&sr=8-1&keywords=foo+fighters+vinyl$14 CAD. Free shipping if you have prime. If you don't I imagine it'll be like 5-10$

Thanks! Sent an e-mail to the FF store. Hoping they'll cancel it because $23Us shipping is balls.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...