What's your favorite piece of your collection?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a sealed first press of the first Iron Maiden album. Gold promo stamp ip in the corner.

Also have the same for Nirvana - Nevermind, but its open

Lots of stuff thats more valuable (NIN, sealed PFloyd promo, Mad Season, Manson etc) but the rare sealed stuff is harder to replace.

My favorite 'piece' recently changed. I got my hands on a 4X LP test press of an unreleased configuration of The Flaming Lips 'Embryonic'.

In 2009, Warner Brothers proposed a deluxe version of the album that was 4 discs that spin at 45RPM. They bailed on that idea and released the 2X LP set that spun at 33 RPM instead.

My boyfriend gave me my Christmas gift early and it has become my favorite record that I own as of yet, a sealed first pressing of Jacks Mannequin's "Everything in Transit". I also have a copy of the blue/black split of Jenny and Johnny live at third man, signed by Jenny Lewis and Jonathan rice displayed in my living room. I love vinyl so much.

It's not particularly rare, the jacket is falling apart, and it's not anything that has a high monetary value, but my favorite record in my collection is one of the USSR Symphony Orchestra recording I have of them playing Dmitri Shostakovich's 5th symphony, in Leningrad, under the direction of Maksim Shostakovich, the composer's son.

Shostakovich's 5th is my actual favorite piece of music ever, across all genres, and it's really cool to own a copy of its recording that is so closely connected to Shostakovich himself.

My fav record in my collection is definitely my Daylight - Sinking 10". Just picked it up at my local record store about two weeks ago. Pretty rare one to find in store in my opinion since I love the band so much.

First runner up would be my Daylight - Jar just because of the color. Not too rare just amazing to look at.

I don't understand why Vinyl Collective is gets so anghsty about these type of threads.   This site is first and foremost, a site for music lovers. 

It's because most of us having been collecting records longer than the 'revival' and have already particiapted in threads like this ten times over. It isn't sour grapes; it's just old hat. We're not interested in showing off our "pieces" unless we're talking dick pics.