WTB Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie

bluescreenlife

I just ordered one on Bullmoose Friday for $94 and it showed they had a few. It's the cheapest place I could find that actually had it in stock.

Thanks! When you get it do you mind updating me on the quality or any sound issues? I've heard of problems with inner groove distortion among other things (the comments here http://www.discogs.c.../release/408287)

Thanks! When you get it do you mind updating me on the quality or any sound issues? I've heard of problems with inner groove distortion among other things (the comments here http://www.discogs.c.../release/408287)

The 2015 version has no issues, anything before that (that isn't the 3xLP) does. I'd wager Bull Moose has the 2015 version in stock.

I'll update the thread for sure, should have it in the next few days. Like Doman said, they did a quite repress of it in May iirc that fixed the sound issues. Since Bullmoose showed a few copies listed at different locations, I assumed it's the 2015 one.

Fair enough. I saw that it said release date 12/4/2012 and feared it was the 2012 press.

Bullmoose had a used copy about 3/4 weeks ago for $50. Was tempted to buy it but didn't want it to be the 2012 release. Which was a high possibility. When this is less than $50 I'll be interested 

I can't see it dipping that low in the near future. The $94 price on Bullmoose is by far the cheapest I can find online anywhere. Discogs prices are $130 and rising. Although with my luck I'll buy this then see another press of it in a shop for $80 or whatever they were when released.

I got my copy today, listened to the first two discs and they sound great. From what I read Zero was the big issue on the 2012 release and this sounds pretty great. Hopefully you have no issues. IIRC there are some label issues w/Pumpkins re-releases right now and we probably won't see any new presses for awhile, this is what made me go on a manhunt for MellonCollie. I expect it to keep rising so $94 isn't too bad as far as I'm concerned.

I got my copy today, listened to the first two discs and they sound great. From what I read Zero was the big issue on the 2012 release and this sounds pretty great. Hopefully you have no issues. IIRC there are some label issues w/Pumpkins re-releases right now and we probably won't see any new presses for awhile, this is what made me go on a manhunt for MellonCollie. I expect it to keep rising so $94 isn't too bad as far as I'm concerned.

Awesome, thanks for the update! Can't wait for mine to show up on Friday.